The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Postgraduate Applicants & Offer Holders (2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey all. I just created a Facebook group for postgraduates. Here's the link:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/304369636439628?ref=bookmark

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by DannyAbba
Congrats. What's your Bachelor's in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :biggrin: My bachelor's is in Government & International Politics... I'm interested in local government.
SO HAPPY!

Got the acceptance letter for Msc. Public Policy on the 22nd!
My grades in case anyone want's the info for comparison sake: USA student, 2 excellent letters, 3.73 GPA (a first), didn't take the GRE/GMAT, pretty solid resume. Majored in Political science (4.0 GPA). In that major i concentrated in Policy. Double minored in business writing and communication studies, also 4.0 GPA)

Just waiting on LSE - public management and governance and Oxford - MPP, before I accept UCL. Not too big on the LSE program, since it's way more expensive than UCL, and Oxford is a long shot.
Reply 43
Original post by gnomgnomuch
SO HAPPY!

Got the acceptance letter for Msc. Public Policy on the 22nd!
My grades in case anyone want's the info for comparison sake: USA student, 2 excellent letters, 3.73 GPA (a first), didn't take the GRE/GMAT, pretty solid resume. Majored in Political science (4.0 GPA). In that major i concentrated in Policy. Double minored in business writing and communication studies, also 4.0 GPA)

Just waiting on LSE - public management and governance and Oxford - MPP, before I accept UCL. Not too big on the LSE program, since it's way more expensive than UCL, and Oxford is a long shot.

Wow! Impressive! 👌👏
Congratulations. And good luck with the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by savannahre
Thanks! :biggrin: My bachelor's is in Government & International Politics... I'm interested in local government.

Hmmm... nice. So are you going to firm UCL or have you applied elsewhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow! Impressive! ������������
Congratulations. And good luck with the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!!
Hmmm... nice. So are you going to firm UCL or have you applied elsewhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also applied for a Research Assistantship at the University of Delaware (90% of tuition paid for + stipend) so I am waiting to hear about that. Although even if I get it I may still end up at UCL. Definitely, a toss up right now.
Reply 47
Wow. I can't say actually. Waiting time depends on the department and the quantity of applications received at that time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,
Just received a E-mail like this :We have recently received your application to MSc International Public Policy.

Due to the large number of high quality applications received by Political Science it has become necessary to consider applications in gathered fields. This means that you will not receive a decision immediately as the consideration period will be longer. However we hope to have a decision ready for you by 28 February.

If it becomes necessary to consider you in a further round we will let you know and will continue to keep you informed of your progress."

Does it means that I have been put on the waiting list?
Reply 48
Original post by zoeCui
Hey,
Just received a E-mail like this :We have recently received your application to MSc International Public Policy.

Due to the large number of high quality applications received by Political Science it has become necessary to consider applications in gathered fields. This means that you will not receive a decision immediately as the consideration period will be longer. However we hope to have a decision ready for you by 28 February.

If it becomes necessary to consider you in a further round we will let you know and will continue to keep you informed of your progress."

Does it means that I have been put on the waiting list?

Yeah. I think it pretty much means that.
Just relax. You'd be fine. :smile:
All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Yeah. I think it pretty much means that.
Just relax. You'd be fine. :smile:
All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope so, thank you so much!
Reply 50
Original post by zoeCui
Hope so, thank you so much!

You're welcome... and congratulations in advance. :wink::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have an offer that I'll likely accept :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by punctuation
Have an offer that I'll likely accept :smile:

Oh. Awesome. Which?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh. Awesome. Which?

Posted from TSR Mobile
four year wellcome trust funded phd in neuroscience :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by punctuation
four year wellcome trust funded phd in neuroscience :smile:

Oh wow. Funded? Congratulations!!!!!! 💃💃💃💃💃
Oh wow. Funded? Congratulations!!!!!!

Yep! Thanks :biggrin: Not 100% sure if I'll take it but about 95% leaning in that direction. :smile:
American here. Unconditional offer for the MA Philosophy program. I got an unconditional from Kent not long ago for their History and Philosophy of Art program. It's tempting, as it's in Paris, but... not sure how I can turn down UCL for Kent. Waiting to hear back from Sheffield, Birmingham, and King's before I make a final decision.

Also, @punctuation, congratulations! I applied to UCL Philosophy for their strength in philosophy of mind. Perhaps we can have some interesting discussion should we both attend :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by dear_tristesse
American here. Unconditional offer for the MA Philosophy program. I got an unconditional from Kent not long ago for their History and Philosophy of Art program. It's tempting, as it's in Paris, but... not sure how I can turn down UCL for Kent. Waiting to hear back from Sheffield, Birmingham, and King's before I make a final decision.

Also, @punctuation, congratulations! I applied to UCL Philosophy for their strength in philosophy of mind. Perhaps we can have some interesting discussion should we both attend :smile:

Congrats to you too! UCL is much better for philosophy, and you can always go to Paris afterwards in one of their own unis :smile: And certainly, I actually initially did a year of 'psychology and philosophy' in my undergrad, before switching to straight psychology. What areas of philosophy are you interested in? At the time I was interested in formal logic, epistemology, wittgenstein, nietzsche, philosophy of science and philosophy of language. :biggrin:
Original post by dear_tristesse

Hey man! American here as well, got a conditional at 3.6, but i'm currently at a 3.73 so not too worried. Hope to see you at UCL in september =)
Looks like we have some things in common. I have fairly broad interests; it's one of the reasons I'm doing an MA instead of a PhD. Of particular interest are logic, philosophy of mind and language (including neurophilosophy), and political philosophy. I've recently gotten into aesthetics and philosophy of physics. The quantum world is too frustrating to not pay attention to.

Quick Reply

Latest