The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Postgraduate Applicants & Offer Holders (2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dear_tristesse
Looks like we have some things in common. I have fairly broad interests; it's one of the reasons I'm doing an MA instead of a PhD. Of particular interest are logic, philosophy of mind and language (including neurophilosophy), and political philosophy. I've recently gotten into aesthetics and philosophy of physics. The quantum world is too frustrating to not pay attention to.

Ah nice, interesting!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Anyone here who applied to the English department?
Just got an unconditional offer for the MA Issues in Modern Culture. Quite excited. :awesome:
Reply 62
Hi guys, I have completed my application on the 24th of November for MSc Economic Policy, but I still don't have an answer. Anybody else applying in the Economic department?
Original post by rotkäppchen
Anyone here who applied to the English department?
Just got an unconditional offer for the MA Issues in Modern Culture. Quite excited. :awesome:

Congrats!
Reply 64
Hey lud_lud, i applied for the Msc of economics and policy of energy and environment on Dec. 8 and got my offer 2 weeks later. Try following up with them to get an update seems like it has taken quite a bit of time with no answer from them. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Congratulations to all who have received an offer!

Has anyone applied for the LLM?
has anyone here applied to the department of civil, environmental & geomatic engineering?, I'm waiting for a response on my application for the MSc Spatio-Temporal Analytics and Big Data Mining since Dec 1st, but i haven't heard from them. I also wrote them a mail but no answer yet :frown:
Reply 67
Hello all !
Just received a conditional offer for MSc in Economics :smile:
Beyond amazing and completely unexpected after the LSE rejection :P
Original post by gg174
Hello all !
Just received a conditional offer for MSc in Economics :smile:
Beyond amazing and completely unexpected after the LSE rejection :P

Well done! Are you going to take it?
Reply 69
I'm still waiting on some more places.
But UCL is definitely in my top 5.
Does anyone give me an idea on if/when an e mail is sent out after the portico status is updated ?
Original post by gg174
I'm still waiting on some more places.
But UCL is definitely in my top 5.
Does anyone give me an idea on if/when an e mail is sent out after the portico status is updated ?

I got an e-mail that my status was updated, and then they sent me a formal letter which I received maybe about 10 days afterwards.
Reply 71
I got an e-mail that my status was updated, and then they sent me a formal letter which I received maybe about 10 days afterwards.

Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by gg174
Thank you very much :smile:

Not at all :smile: Which other places are you waiting to hear from then?
Reply 73
Not at all :smile: Which other places are you waiting to hear from then?

I have an interview lined up for Imperial for Economics and Business Strategy. And LBS for their MiM program. Let's see how that goes.
What about you ?
Original post by gg174
I have an interview lined up for Imperial for Economics and Business Strategy. And LBS for their MiM program. Let's see how that goes.
What about you ?

Oh, well finger's crossed for those too! :h:
I applied for English Literature, and apart from UCL been accepted by Warwick, York and Goldsmiths. Now just waiting for Cambridge to get back to me, but they are taking their time :bebored:.
I like all the courses. At the moment, I can't see myself making a decision :redface:
Reply 75
My status changed to Currently being processed by admissions. I guess I'll get an answer soon :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by lud_lud
My status changed to Currently being processed by admissions. I guess I'll get an answer soon :smile:

All the best! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Oh, well finger's crossed for those too! :h:
I applied for English Literature, and apart from UCL been accepted by Warwick, York and Goldsmiths. Now just waiting for Cambridge to get back to me, but they are taking their time :bebored:.
I like all the courses. At the moment, I can't see myself making a decision :redface:

:biggrin:
All the very best for Cambridge !
And I understand the indecisiveness. Lots of research due. :biggrin:
Reply 78
Hello guys,

I applied 2 weeks ago for MSc in Machine Learning and I have received an email confirming me that they received my references which are going to be forwarded, but there is still no update on the Applicants Portal (Portico).
Should I be worried ? Or is it normal ?

Thank you,
Hi! I'm an American student applying to the MRes (previously MSc) in Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology at UCL. I've been offered an interview, and I'm wondering if there are any past applicants/current students in the program who might be able to tell me what the interview process is like? I'm also interested in learning more about people's experiences in this program, whether they like it, etc. Any information would help! This is my first time applying to school through the British system and I'm not sure what to expect, since I did my undergrad in the United States.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending