The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Postgraduate Applicants & Offer Holders (2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by lirycs78
Hello guys,

I applied 2 weeks ago for MSc in Machine Learning and I have received an email confirming me that they received my references which are going to be forwarded, but there is still no update on the Applicants Portal (Portico).
Should I be worried ? Or is it normal ?

Thank you,

Maybe you should e-mail them. But regarding time, 2 weeks isn't so long, in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 81
Original post by punctuation
Yep! Thanks :biggrin: Not 100% sure if I'll take it but about 95% leaning in that direction. :smile:

Hi, congrats on the offer! Sorry to butt in like this, but would you mind me asking about your undergrad degree please? I'm looking to apply for next year for either MSc or MRes, you see. Just gathering info as I go ^_^
Thank you! :tongue:
Original post by Joshii
Hi, congrats on the offer! Sorry to butt in like this, but would you mind me asking about your undergrad degree please? I'm looking to apply for next year for either MSc or MRes, you see. Just gathering info as I go ^_^
Thank you! :tongue:

Thanks! I'm in my final year doing BSc Psychology at Bristol :smile:
Reply 83
Thanks! I'm in my final year doing BSc Psychology at Bristol :smile:

Sweet. :smile:
Could I also ask what info they want from your personal statement and cv, and what did you include? Are they quite bothered by one's extracurricular activities?
Questions, questions everywhere >_<
But thanks for all the help!
Original post by Joshii
Sweet. :smile:
Could I also ask what info they want from your personal statement and cv, and what did you include? Are they quite bothered by one's extracurricular activities?
Questions, questions everywhere >_<
But thanks for all the help!

For what exactly? Are you applying to the MSc in Neuroscience or do you mean the four-year PhD? :smile: And usually they won't care about your extracurriculars, unless they are very relevant to your course, and often very little even then. It's mostly grades, research experience, references, personal statement.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 85
For what exactly? Are you applying to the MSc in Neuroscience or do you mean the four-year PhD? :smile: And usually they won't care about your extracurriculars, unless they are very relevant to your course, and often very little even then. It's mostly grades, research experience, references, personal statement.

I'd like to apply to the four year PhD :smile:
So any tips/advice would be extremely welcomed! :biggrin:
Original post by Joshii
I'd like to apply to the four year PhD :smile:
So any tips/advice would be extremely welcomed! :biggrin:

Okay, I'll PM you :smile:
Reply 87
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice. I wonder, have someone heard anything about it?

I submitted my application in October and I'm growing really anxious to get a reply... :frown:
Thanks and have a nice day :smile::smile:
Original post by lirycs78
Hello guys,

I applied 2 weeks ago for MSc in Machine Learning and I have received an email confirming me that they received my references which are going to be forwarded, but there is still no update on the Applicants Portal (Portico).
Should I be worried ? Or is it normal ?

Thank you,

Hey - I applied for the sister CSML course last Nov. Admission tutors are in the process of making offers. Good luck and let me know if you secure a place!
Reply 89
Who else has applied to the LAHP (AHRC for central London)?
Hi! I am applying for MSc Economic Policy and I got a bit late in applying. But guys do you know if they allow references to be uploaded after the deadline has passed? My application is (atleast my bit) is done and in the system, but i have no idea how long my professors will take to upload their references. I hope they are still allowed to .. after 1st March!
Reply 91
Original post by pgstudy10
Hi! I am applying for MSc Economic Policy and I got a bit late in applying. But guys do you know if they allow references to be uploaded after the deadline has passed? My application is (atleast my bit) is done and in the system, but i have no idea how long my professors will take to upload their references. I hope they are still allowed to .. after 1st March!

You should contact the admission team, sure they can advice u on dat. Also, its better you call, bcos it myt take them almost a week to respond to ur e-mail.By the way, u shud inform ur professors about the urgency of the references.Goodluck
Original post by rotkäppchen
Anyone here who applied to the English department?
Just got an unconditional offer for the MA Issues in Modern Culture. Quite excited. :awesome:

Hey! Me too! See you in the fall! What's your area of interest?
Hi!

Has anyone on here been accepted for an MSc course in an Environmental Science?
I just received an unconditional offer for the MSc Climate Change course!

Beginning to wonder how to sort out accommodation with other people?..
Original post by mecarter
Hey! Me too! See you in the fall! What's your area of interest?

Same course? Have you accepted your offer yet? :smile:
I am particularly interested in how the treatment of food / eating in literature has changed in the nineteenth / twentieth century. How about you?
Same course? Have you accepted your offer yet? :smile:
I am particularly interested in how the treatment of food / eating in literature has changed in the nineteenth / twentieth century. How about you?

Yep, same program. I'm interested in J.D. Salinger, particularly his short stories written during WWII.

I haven't accepted the offer yet because I'm waiting to hear from Oxford (I probably won't get in, but ya never know...). Have you accepted it?
Original post by mecarter
Yep, same program. I'm interested in J.D. Salinger, particularly his short stories written during WWII.

I haven't accepted the offer yet because I'm waiting to hear from Oxford (I probably won't get in, but ya never know...). Have you accepted it?

Sounds interesting! I like reading short stories by authors that are not necessarily well known for their short stories; some interesting finds sometimes. Haven't read much American Literature at all though. Where did you do your undergrad?

Haven't accepted yet either - waiting to hear from Cambridge. Probably won't get in either, but only about two weeks more of a wait, so will see :smile: Fingers crossed for Oxford nonetheless!
Sounds interesting! I like reading short stories by authors that are not necessarily well known for their short stories; some interesting finds sometimes. Haven't read much American Literature at all though. Where did you do your undergrad?

Haven't accepted yet either - waiting to hear from Cambridge. Probably won't get in either, but only about two weeks more of a wait, so will see :smile: Fingers crossed for Oxford nonetheless!

Good luck! Keep in touch if you do accept the offer.

------

Here's a stupid question for anyone to answer...I'm an American, and I know that UCL is an extremely good school...but how hard is it to actually get into a MA program there? How competitive is it, really? Like, should I feel really special or something? It's hard for me to gauge, being from overseas. Any info or personal opinions would be useful, since I'm just going off of whatever I read online...
Reply 98
I've accepted my offer to study in Digital Anthropology. :smile:
Hi guys,

Just a quick question. I got accepted for one of my choices (they replied in two weeks!). However for my other choice they have told me they received many applications so the decision will take a bit longer (approx 6 weeks). I am seeing others here who also got offer within 2 weeks so am worried about the one that is taking longer... did anyone here get an offer after more than 6 weeks consideration?

I received this e.mail:

Due to the large number of high quality applications received by Political Science it has become necessary to consider applications in gathered fields. This means that you will not receive a decision immediately as the consideration period will be longer. However we hope to have a decision ready for you by April.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending