The Student Room Group

Critique my portfolio

Pretty much maxed my ISA allowance for this year so here is what I'm going to do with the £9.5k sitting in my low interest Natwest current account.

Open a Club Lloyds current account. This pays 4% if balance is £4-5k. I will put £4.5k in it. They demand £1500 a month is paid in, so I will use a standing order for £1500 once a month from my Natwest account. I need to have 2 DD's too so I will send £750 back to Natwest and £770 a month to Halifax.

Open a Halifax current account with £100 or other small amount. This gives me £100 sign on bonus and £5 a month interest (not done in %terms), providing £750 a month is paid in, which is done from the Club Lloyd DD. Again they require 2 DD's out a month, so I will send £750 to Natwest and £20 to Club Lloyd.

Open 2 TSB current accounts. These pay 5% on balance £1000-2000. They require £500 a month income, so I will set up a DD from Natwest too these, and then send the money back to Natwest. Open these with £2k each.

My salary of £1660 a month will be paid into Natwest.

Any comments? :smile:
Seeing as this verbatim an article in the money press a couple of weeks ago it should work.
Reply 2
Original post by balotelli12
Seeing as this verbatim an article in the money press a couple of weeks ago it should work.

Haha no way? Link please ? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest