The Student Room Group

Scholarships and Bursaries

Can you get finance from the University for example if you are an excelling student?
Or scholarships/bursaries if you are doing a sporting activity for them competitively?
Because im not to keen on starting my life with a bunch of depths, and im wondering about applying for scholarships, but I dont know when your supposed to , and what for...
Could someone give me some info on how to obtain a scholarship/bursary?
Thanks.
Original post by Phillipo57
Can you get finance from the University for example if you are an excelling student?
Or scholarships/bursaries if you are doing a sporting activity for them competitively?
Because im not to keen on starting my life with a bunch of depths, and im wondering about applying for scholarships, but I dont know when your supposed to , and what for...
Could someone give me some info on how to obtain a scholarship/bursary?
Thanks.

Bursaries are based on household income- each university has their own threshold for eligibility. Scholarships again are university dependent, many offer them to people with good grades- the grades very. Some are competitive- i.e. not everyone eligible will get one, and some are only small amounts. You need to look at the finance pages of the universities you are interested in going to.
Reply 2
Is it possible to get a scholarship for a sport that you do really well in, and you demonstrate it in the university in a competition or something?
Reply 3
Original post by Phillipo57
Is it possible to get a scholarship for a sport that you do really well in, and you demonstrate it in the university in a competition or something?

Yes, some unis offer scholarships for sporting excellence. However it would be an individual offer for each uni, so you'd have to trawl through some uni websites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending