The Student Room Group

* Advice Thread* Must read for anyone post-breakup...

So lately I've seen alot of posts on questions along the lines of " I broke up with my ex 3 months ago, does it get easier?" or something like that, So I decided I'd share my personal experience in the hope it will help some of you guys out there, Because honestly, My recent breakup would of been so much easier with this knowledge.

So I broke up with my Ex maybe 4 months ago now, 9 Month relationship, The usual, Everything was great, perfect girl bla bla bla... Now the reason it went wrong, She was "Doing" my best mate instead of me. yeah sucks right :frown:

Now to some people, You'd expect me to have "hated" her or not cared, WRONG! I wanted her back so much, couldn't tell you why but I tried my hardest, didn't happen (FYI, They're now engaged, Good luck to them. Tossers)

Now! THE ADVICE!!! :rolleyes: Does it get better, Yes! It does! After a certain point, You hit this wall, where you can go a whole day without thinking about that Ex. You'll find yourself laughing again, You'll enjoy yourself a bit more. I will be honest though, Even now there are still times I think/Miss her, Still hurts sometimes, but it's only been 4 Months! Time heals everything.

What i'm saying here is, I've really improved in the last few weeks, Before I'd just stay in bed. Now, I'm up with a big smile on my face, I go to Uni, I enjoy myself, I call it the half arsed acceptance logic. I'm over the relationship, it's over, goone, finished. But i'm not completely h=over her, I do still miss her. But I don't mope around anymore! AND IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!

IT DOES GET BETTER! HEAD UP GUYS! SMILLLLLLLE :biggrin: P.S. Hope this helps someone :smile:
This was really helpful thanks :smile: I haven't broken up recently but found out the guy I liked had a girlfriend:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2882485&

Your OP was really cool, thanks a bunch :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
This was really helpful thanks :smile: I haven't broken up recently but found out the guy I liked had a girlfriend:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2882485&

Your OP was really cool, thanks a bunch :biggrin:

You're welcome Buddy/Buddete :smile: I'll be sure to come advise on your post :smile: Glad I could help someone
Original post by Anonymous
You're welcome Buddy/Buddete :smile: I'll be sure to come advise on your post :smile: Glad I could help someone

Thanks bro (I'm a girl btw :smile:) That would be super, thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply