The Student Room Group

Working at 14

Im 14 and work Saturdays at a bike shop, any questions???
Get on ya bike and take off.

Spoiler

Original post by RiOt GrrrL
Get on ya bike and take off.

Spoiler

Very funny!
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by STUDYREVISE
Why work?. Do you get paid or is it voluntary?

i can manage school as long as i stop putting of homework and occasionally work on it at lunch. i use to get paid £15 a day and now i get £20. i Really like working there and chatting to the other guys there (they're between 20-30 and we get on well and have a laugh)
How many hours?
Original post by Samistrawberry
How many hours?

9:30-4 so... 6 and a half hours
Original post by charlottepayne00
9:30-4 so... 6 and a half hours

Quite a lot of your day gone :3

How did you come across the job?
Quite a lot of your day gone :3

How did you come across the job?

Well my dads really into bikes and went to the shop and chatted to the guys there. They had only just taken over the shop from the previous owner and there was lots do do and they were really busy, so my dad offered my help on Saturdays. i Was looking for a Saturday job at the time so it was great, plus im a real tomboy and like all that stuff so it was cool. Then they kept me on and i do all the jobs i can and they teach me more so i can help more with repairs and stuff
I really respect your work ethic! Keep it up, with that sort of attitude you'll go far in life :yep:
Original post by Arsenalforlifee
I really respect your work ethic! Keep it up, with that sort of attitude you'll go far in life :yep:

Thanks, well i hope so :biggrin:
Original post by charlottepayne00
Well my dads really into bikes and went to the shop and chatted to the guys there. They had only just taken over the shop from the previous owner and there was lots do do and they were really busy, so my dad offered my help on Saturdays. i Was looking for a Saturday job at the time so it was great, plus im a real tomboy and like all that stuff so it was cool. Then they kept me on and i do all the jobs i can and they teach me more so i can help more with repairs and stuff

Your a girl :eek:

Are you busy all the time?

It's great that you have a job :smile:

I'm looking for a job too.. But not atm.
Your a girl :eek:

Are you busy all the time?

It's great that you have a job :smile:

I'm looking for a job too.. But not atm.

Fair enough and YES im a girl :colondollar:
Reply 14
While it's great that your willing to work at 14, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to work at that age unless it's at the business of a parent or close relative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Grimbo
While it's great that your willing to work at 14, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to work at that age unless it's at the business of a parent or close relative.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it isnt as its only one day a week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending