The Student Room Group

Possibility of Taking IGCSE in Jan'15 wit 3 months of preparation

Hi, will it be possible for me to take Edexcel's IGCSE exam after 3 months of preparation - as a private candidate? My subjects are: Math, Physics, Chemistry, English & Bengali
Original post by cosmic93
Hi, will it be possible for me to take Edexcel's IGCSE exam after 3 months of preparation - as a private candidate? My subjects are: Math, Physics, Chemistry, English & Bengali

That depends on your level of education. When you already have done the equivalent in your educational system and just do it to gain an English qualification, it should be doable without many problems. Otherwise it depends on your abilities.
Original post by cosmic93

I agree with Nathanielle, it would be perfectly possible to revise for that many IGCSE between now and January if you already know most of the material from prior study. You could do a lot of practice with past papers and use text books etc to fill in your gaps in knowledge or understanding. I assume your English is already very good and Bengali is your first or second language. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have just gone through the coursework for all of those subject, and am about to start my revision. The IGCSEs were more difficult than I imagined, but then I was not familiar with any of those subjects at all.

If you are, and you will essentially just be revising for January, you should be OK. But I would not say you will have time to go through all the materials before that from scratch.
Reply 4
What kind of grades are you expecting?

Quick Reply

Latest