The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2015

Scroll to see replies

Are you aware of whether there will be parking on campus available for visitors when we come to the open day? Or will we be required to use a nearby car park?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
There's parking and it's free! But very confusing loool
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi WhosWavey

I think the best thing to do is to contact the department directly and have a chat with them. Yes work experience and the like do help, but they'd be able to give you more info.

Best person to talk to is Sue Rolland and you get her on 01509 227 272 or e-mail her at [email protected]

Hope this helps.
Vicky
Hi Vicky, my son applied to Loughborough early December to study engineering and has heard nothing other than an acknowledgement of receipt of his application a day or two after that. He emailed engineering admissions last week for an update and has not had a response to his email either. Do you think it may be wise to phone them?
Original post by charan04
There's parking and it's free! But very confusing loool

Oh no! How so? :P
Original post by Mumsknowbest
Hi Vicky, my son applied to Loughborough early December to study engineering and has heard nothing other than an acknowledgement of receipt of his application a day or two after that. He emailed engineering admissions last week for an update and has not had a response to his email either. Do you think it may be wise to phone them?

Hi Mumsknowbest

Yes I'd give them a call. If you let me know which engineering department he applied to, I can give you the best number to call.

Vicky
Original post by Emily.97
Are you aware of whether there will be parking on campus available for visitors when we come to the open day? Or will we be required to use a nearby car park?

Hi Emily.97

If you mean a post-applicant visit day to your specific department, there is parking on campus and you'll be sent information on where to park as part of your invitation to visit.

Vicky
Hi Mumsknowbest

Yes I'd give them a call. If you let me know which engineering department he applied to, I can give you the best number to call.

Vicky
Hi Vicky, thanks for that but the engineering dept has responded to his email today to advise they have just processed his application. No update on UCAS track as yet but his email from Loughborough did outline 2 dates for upcoming campus visits/tours. Am I right in thinking this sounds positive ??!!
Hey Vicky.
Quick question is applied for english and history. I want to change it to english and sports science, the entry is the same. I have the requirement of an English Alevel, just wondering if that Is possible possible.
Thanks
Hi Vicky, thanks for that but the engineering dept has responded to his email today to advise they have just processed his application. No update on UCAS track as yet but his email from Loughborough did outline 2 dates for upcoming campus visits/tours. Am I right in thinking this sounds positive ??!!

Hi Mumsknowbest

Honestly I have no idea, I don't know if it's a standard e-mail that's sent to everyone or not. Hopefully it is positive! :crossedf:
Vicky
Original post by charan04
Hey Vicky.
Quick question is applied for english and history. I want to change it to english and sports science, the entry is the same. I have the requirement of an English Alevel, just wondering if that Is possible possible.
Thanks

Hi charan04

The best thing to do is to contact the department directly.
If you call 01509 222967 or e-mail [EMAIL="Eand [email protected]"]Eand [email protected] someone will be able to help you.

If you need to know anything else, let me know.
Vicky
Hi Mumsknowbest

Honestly I have no idea, I don't know if it's a standard e-mail that's sent to everyone or not. Hopefully it is positive! :crossedf:
Vicky
It was positive! He has had an offer. Thanks for your advice.
It was positive! He has had an offer. Thanks for your advice.

Congrats to your son - glad the outcome was positive! :biggrin:

Vicky
Hi Vicky,

I received a letter at home congratulating me on being offered a place for BS Product Design Engineering by the Loughborough Engineering department. It also included information about post-application visit days, some information about the university and an engineering prospectus. I was really excited to get the offer and was thinking about firming it, but it was not yet on UCAS. I emailed the admission office and they told me that for my application an offer is still not finalised. I saw on my letter an email for the engineering admission office and emailed them but I still dont have any reply. Do you think I should wait more to get an answer and is it a common thing to receive a letter before getting an offer? I just want to add that I have already graduated high school (therefore have all of my grades) and I have been for an year in another UK university, but I am applying this year for a different major. Does this kind of situation takes longer to process?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Monica.
Hi Vicky,

I received a letter at home congratulating me on being offered a place for BS Product Design Engineering by the Loughborough Engineering department. It also included information about post-application visit days, some information about the university and an engineering prospectus. I was really excited to get the offer and was thinking about firming it, but it was not yet on UCAS. I emailed the admission office and they told me that for my application an offer is still not finalised. I saw on my letter an email for the engineering admission office and emailed them but I still dont have any reply. Do you think I should wait more to get an answer and is it a common thing to receive a letter before getting an offer? I just want to add that I have already graduated high school (therefore have all of my grades) and I have been for an year in another UK university, but I am applying this year for a different major. Does this kind of situation takes longer to process?

Hi Monica.

I've sent you a private message to get more details from you so I can look in to what's happening.

Vicky
Original post by Monica.
Hi Vicky,

Hi again

I've sent you another PM - it's all sorted :biggrin:

Vicky
Hi Vicky
I sent my ucas off on the 5th December and haven't heard back from Loughborough for the mechanical engineering foundation, all other universities have replied back. I emailed Loughborough in the beginning of February and they emailed back saying my application is under consideration.

Any idea how much longer it would take to get an offer, or should I contact them again?

Thanks
Hi Mo_12397

I've just spoken to the department and they are processing foundation applications now. They're going to be finished tomorrow / Monday, so if you've not heard by Wednesday next week, drop me a PM with your UCAS ID and full name and I'll look in to it for you.

Hope this helps
Vicky
Hey guys,

Is anyone else applying for the Industrial Design and Technology course?
Reply 278
Hiya,
I was just wondering how many people do you guys take for the Industrial Design course?

Thanks!
Original post by ChlooM
Hiya,
I was just wondering how many people do you guys take for the Industrial Design course?

Thanks!

Hi ChlooM

We took around 95 last year.

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending