The Student Room Group

I LOVE planes...(picture)

Do you?

If so, post a picture of your favourite plane...

Scroll to see replies

I do. Got a couple of different ratings on my license. Used to fly a little, but haven't been able to afford it since I was back in the UK - renting is so expensive here!

And it turns out the plane pictured is on its way from Singapore to Chennai at the time of posting.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by + polarity -

Great choice. Thoughts on the F-35?
I mean who wouldn't love this?

A full HUD with customisable HGS options. I'd give my left nut to fly one of those.
Reply 9
Original post by XMaramena
I mean who wouldn't love this?

A full HUD with customisable HGS options. I'd give my left nut to fly one of those.

That's so epic!!
Reply 10
the big one.

I prefer a bit more complex stuff.
Original post by ryan9900
Great choice. Thoughts on the F-35?

I much prefer the F-22, the F-35 is like a sickly child in comparison, very disappointing :frown:
Original post by + polarity -
I much prefer the F-22, the F-35 is like a sickly child in comparison, very disappointing :frown:

I somewhat agree, but I think time will tell more than anything. It'll be great to see how it gets on over the next few years!

[video="youtube;UEeXBnOE9qI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEeXBnOE9qI[/video]
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
That's so epic!!

Do you use flight simulator at all?

PMDG do a brilliant model of it for FSX. The full set is pricey ($500) but well worth it IMO. Takes getting used to though - it's licensed by Boeing, modelled off the real thing, ships with 2 operating manual volumes, crew training manual, QRH, schematics and Jeppesen charts.

Manuals and Documentation, $400

Aircraft, $70.

Another $30 for the /600 and /700 models.

As I say, pricey, but if you like the realism and have the money for it, go for it.
Reply 17
Original post by XMaramena
Do you use flight simulator at all?

PMDG do a brilliant model of it for FSX. The full set is pricey ($500) but well worth it IMO. Takes getting used to though - it's licensed by Boeing, modelled off the real thing, ships with 2 operating manual volumes, crew training manual, QRH, schematics and Jeppesen charts.

Manuals and Documentation, $400

Aircraft, $70.

Another $30 for the /600 and /700 models.

As I say, pricey, but if you like the realism and have the money for it, go for it.

Will definitely have a look into - thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 18
If we're talking about fighters/ bombers though.... It has to be...

Reply 19
yo yo yo

epic thread.

how do you get into flying planes as a hobby? looks so cool.

Quick Reply

Latest