The Student Room Group

Flatmate angst- am I being really overly sensitive or what?

Anon as I don't want to be recognized as a moaning flatmate! :frown:
Sooo I moved into uni about 4 days ago and there are these 2 guys in my halls who are basically constantly drunk, and really really loud.
I can just about cope with this during the day time, but when I want to sleep and they bring home their even louder friends for a 3 hour party in the kitchen right next to me at 3 am each night that is where it becomes a bit harder to tolerate. I don't really drink or club at all, but I am sociable and chat to all my flatmates throughout the day.
I completely get that its freshers week and that there will be partying, but does anyone have any experiences similar to this?
I am kind of hoping they will settle down after freshers when they have to work? They are in a course that is a lot less lecture intensive than me so I don't know.
I am not saying that I can't cope with any noise at night, but if they continue this then it is really going to affect my work, and if there is anything anyone thinks I could do to stop this from becoming the norm then probably better to do it sooner rather than later.
My other flatmates are all decent and also slightly annoyed by the 2 guys.
Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Anon as I don't want to be recognized as a moaning flatmate! :frown:
Sooo I moved into uni about 4 days ago and there are these 2 guys in my halls who are basically constantly drunk, and really really loud.
I can just about cope with this during the day time, but when I want to sleep and they bring home their even louder friends for a 3 hour party in the kitchen right next to me at 3 am each night that is where it becomes a bit harder to tolerate. I don't really drink or club at all, but I am sociable and chat to all my flatmates throughout the day.
I completely get that its freshers week and that there will be partying, but does anyone have any experiences similar to this?
I am kind of hoping they will settle down after freshers when they have to work? They are in a course that is a lot less lecture intensive than me so I don't know.
I am not saying that I can't cope with any noise at night, but if they continue this then it is really going to affect my work, and if there is anything anyone thinks I could do to stop this from becoming the norm then probably better to do it sooner rather than later.
My other flatmates are all decent and also slightly annoyed by the 2 guys.
Thanks!

Heya, I similarly experienced crazy flat mate behaviour in my first and third years of living out. The best I can say is wait until freshers is over, if it persists then talk to said flat mates politely (maybe in a flat meeting with the other two who also get annoyed by the noise). If this doesn't work then call security if you live in halls. You can do this anonymously or state who you are I think. Hope they calm down soon :smile:
Reply 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending