The Student Room Group

Dentistry Hopes?

Hey,

I wanted your advice. I didn't do too great in gcse with 2A*'s 2A's and 7B's and I want to apply to dentistry. I have been doing well in A-level so far and i want to get AAAA in As and have been putting the work in and committed.I have also done St Johns Ambulance, 3 weeks at a Medical practice, Cricket team Captain, Dental Practice 2 weeks, NCS.

I am going to apply to Kings College, Glasgow, Leeds, Cardiff and Plymouth.
Reply 1
you're better off asking in this (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1248631&page=101&highlight=glasgow) thread. be sure to include your ukcat score too so that you can get the most accurate help possible.

also in case you didnt know you can only apply to 4 dental schools and you've listed 5, just pointing it out :smile:

best of luck!
Original post by Randall13
Hey,

I wanted your advice. I didn't do too great in gcse with 2A*'s 2A's and 7B's and I want to apply to dentistry. I have been doing well in A-level so far and i want to get AAAA in As and have been putting the work in and committed.I have also done St Johns Ambulance, 3 weeks at a Medical practice, Cricket team Captain, Dental Practice 2 weeks, NCS.

Bluntly, speaking as a career's advisor, your chances are slim. You would probably be better getting 3 A grades at A2 and applying post A level. Everything else is good. But only 4 A/A* grades at GCSE is putting you behind the pack.
Original post by Randall13
Hey,

What were your 7 B grades in? As long as they were not in Maths, English and science you should be ok.
Your volunteering and work experience seems good so that is sorted.
You can only apply to 4 dental schools, not 5. Also your UKCAT score will play a significant role in deciding whether you should apply to Kings, Glasgow, Cardiff and Plymouth. From this year Leeds have introduced the BMAT for all dental applicants so you will have to sit that too.
Reply 4
I got an A in chemistry and A in Maths. I got an A* in ICT and A* in Biology. However the rest were B's including Physics and English Language.

Quick Reply

Latest