The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary applicants 2015

I am thinking of applying for maths at Queen Mary and was wondering if anybody knows their policy on unconditional offers. I have 4 A's at AS ( maths , further maths , economics and history ) and I am predicted 3 A* at A2 (dropped history). My average ums is 91 excluding history and I was wondering If I am likely to receive an unconditional or conditional offer
---
Connect to Queen Mary here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I just updated the OP with a link to Queen Mary connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

I'm gonna sticky this thread, too. :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Anyone going to the Open Day on Saturday? I'm interested in Biomedical or BioSciences :biggrin:
Going London tomorrow and staying at my friend's place...From North West
Ooooh let's hope I dont get lost >.<
Original post by chocolattelee
Anyone going to the Open Day on Saturday? I'm interested in Biomedical or BioSciences :biggrin:

How did you find it? I'm a Genetics applicant!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by loperdoper
How did you find it? I'm a Genetics applicant!

Hmmm I went to the mile end area campus. It wasn't really my cup of tea. Some construction going on. Some building looked very fancy like scifi ...If you Google QMUL G.E Fogg building it's a black green yellow building. There's like a river beside it some nice ducks ...That's my personal opinion...The talk was very short 30 mins which they outlined the main general information that you would have encountered if you read on their site. Hmm but don't let my personal opinion affect you...
Original post by chocolattelee
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm I went to the mile end area campus. It wasn't really my cup of tea. Some construction going on. Some building looked very fancy like scifi ...If you Google QMUL G.E Fogg building it's a black green yellow building. There's like a river beside it some nice ducks ...That's my personal opinion...The talk was very short 30 mins which they outlined the main general information that you would have encountered if you read on their site. Hmm but don't let my personal opinion affect you...

Ah, shame you didn't like it, not all universities are for everybody. I loved it! The accomadation was really nice as well, and is surprisingly cheap for London.

I didn't attend a talk, but I did go to the lab tour, which was essentially a half hour chemistry advert. Weird, considering the majority of us were bioscience applicants.
Reply 6
Original post by AF1997
I am thinking of applying for maths at Queen Mary and was wondering if anybody knows their policy on unconditional offers. I have 4 A's at AS ( maths , further maths , economics and history ) and I am predicted 3 A* at A2 (dropped history). My average ums is 91 excluding history and I was wondering If I am likely to receive an unconditional or conditional offer
---
Connect to Queen Mary here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying.

You should be fine and will probably get an unconditional. One of my friends got into queen mary maths through clearing this year and got ABC at A2 and AABB at AS. Personally, I applied for biomedical sciences with AAAB at AS (B in french) and predicted A*A*A for A2. And I got and unconditional offer
Reply 7
I dont have great gcses (3A*, 2A and 4B) but i do have 4a and 1b at AS level and im predicted to get straight As for A2. What are my chances of getting into QMUL's biomedical science programme? :s-smilie:
ps, im an international student (double :s-smilie:)
Reply 8
Original post by SMM96
You should be fine and will probably get an unconditional. One of my friends got into queen mary maths through clearing this year and got ABC at A2 and AABB at AS. Personally, I applied for biomedical sciences with AAAB at AS (B in french) and predicted A*A*A for A2. And I got and unconditional offer

Could you help me out?
Reply 9
Original post by ergles
Could you help me out?

Yeah of course
Hey is anyone applying for geography, particularly the BA course?! Also has anyone received offers in any courses?
Got an offer for law from QMUL :smile:
Just applied to Queen Mary for Computer Science with Business Management, how long do they take to respond or would it depend on the department?
Hey Guys, I recently applied for a History degree one of my choices is Queen Mary and I've got an interview with them in November :smile: Quite nervous to be honest
Hi i am applying to Queen Mary for Economics, Mathematics and Statistics , i was wondering if i have a chance at getting an offer.

GCSE - 7A's 4B's

AS Level - AAAA

Maths (Edexcel) - C1(89) C2(84) M1 (100) -------------> Overall: A

Further Maths (Edexcel) - FP1(88) S1 (96) D1(74) -----------> Overall: A

Economics (Edexcel) - Unit 1(80) Unit 2 (80)-----------> Overall: A

Physics AQA - Unit 1 (98/120) Unit 2 (120/120) Unit 3T - Coursework (B)-----------> Overall: A

Predicted Grades -
Maths - A*
Further Maths - A*
Economics - A

Thank You
Original post by Chris_Milo
Hey Guys, I recently applied for a History degree one of my choices is Queen Mary and I've got an interview with them in November :smile: Quite nervous to be honest

Omg me toooo! where else did you apply for history! I was so shocked that I got an interviewwww I did not know they did that
Original post by SMM96

with your unconditional offer did you go to interview???
Reply 17
Original post by dirtyracer
Just applied to Queen Mary for Computer Science with Business Management, how long do they take to respond or would it depend on the department?

Hey I'm planning to apply for the same course! What sort's of predictions and AS level's did you get :smile: x
Original post by dirtyracer

I want to apply for that course too! Is this your first choice? I'm going to apply for that and a course at City uni (Business computing systems) but I have no clue of which I should prioritise!
Original post by TanyaUddin
I want to apply for that course too! Is this your first choice? I'm going to apply for that and a course at City uni (Business computing systems) but I have no clue of which I should prioritise!

Original post by katt123
Hey I'm planning to apply for the same course! What sort's of predictions and AS level's did you get :smile: x

Nice, Entry requirements are listed as BBB, I got ABC in my AS's and with retakes factored in I'm predicted AAB. Went to the QM Open Day and can't see how past it in terms of London Uni's. Probably going to be my first choice or maybe Cardiff, waiting on my UCAS app being sent and then hopefully get offered BBB. How about you guys?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest