The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Viceroy
Seems to be a desire for a page of this sort amongst the 2015 applicants, so here we have one (mods can replace this with something more permanent if they wish).

I will create a master list on this first post as people add their info to this thread.

Your post should include:
- Username
- College
- Course
- Grades/Qualifications/Academic info

QUOTE ME so I can add you.

L'Evil Fish
Christ's
NatSci (Physical)

GCSEs: 8 A*s, 6 As, B and a C.
AS: AAAAB (bio, chem, physics, French, History)
A2: A*A*AA*A(maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and French)
Other: Key skills and Welsh Bacc intermediate level. Silver in Cambridge chemistry challenge, bronzes in the Physics and chemistry Olympiads, entered some essay comps, did an online course and passed, some books read

Application Averages:
Best 3: 95.11%
Best 4: 94.41%
SUMS: 94.56%
Maths: 92.33%
Maths and Physics: 93.83%
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Viceroy
Seems to be a desire for a page of this sort amongst the 2015 applicants, so here we have one (mods can replace this with something more permanent if they wish).

I will create a master list on this first post as people add their info to this thread.

- Username
- College
- Course

ShellySpielberg

Robinson

Veterinary Medicine

International Baccalaureate (predicted grades)
Biology HL - 7
Chemistry HL - 7
Physics HL - 6/7
Math SL - 7
English (Literature and Performance) SL - 7
German (Literature) SL - 6
Extended Essay - A
TOK - ???
Original post by Viceroy

- Username
- College
- Course

Username: aprocrastinator
College: Downing
Course: Medicine
Grades/Qualifications/Academic info:

GCSEs- 10A*s 2As A in FMSQ
AS Levels: AAAAAA (bio chem physics maths general studies critical thinking)

UMS:

Best 3: 95.39%
Best 4: 94.13%
SUMS: 95.39%

Other academic info: silver in cambridge chemistry challenge
Original post by Viceroy

- Username
- College
- Course

QUOTE ME so I can add you. I'll try to have as much info as possible in the master list.

---- Master List ----

Spoiler

I think it would be more helpful if you put the UMS averages that are relevant to the course. Essentially, for arts subjects top 3 is the important one. For science subjects SUMS is the most important one with the exception of maths where none are that important but the maths and maths+physics averages are most importanrt
Reply 5
Original post by newblood
I think it would be more helpful if you put the UMS averages that are relevant to the course. Essentially, for arts subjects top 3 is the important one. For science subjects SUMS is the most important one with the exception of maths where none are that important but the maths and maths+physics averages are most importanrt

OK, thanks!
Original post by Viceroy

- Username
- College
- Course

QUOTE ME so I can add you. I'll try to have as much info as possible in the master list.

---- Master List ----

Spoiler

Username: subjunctivehistorian
College: Peterhouse
Course: History
GCSEs: 12A* 2A
AS: AAAA (History, English, Maths and Spanish)
Predicted: A*A*A* (English, History and Spanish)
UMS accross all 4 subjects: 93.3%
UMS accross top 3 subjects: 94.8%

Reply 7
Original post by Viceroy

- Username
- College
- Course

QUOTE ME so I can add you. I'll try to have as much relevant info as possible in the master list, but if something's missing, let me know.

---- 2015 Master List ----

Spoiler

M1llward
Pembroke/Jesus
Engineering

GCSEs: 11 A*s
AS: AAAAA (Maths, FMaths, Physics, Chemistry, Economics)
Predicted: A*A*A*A* (FMaths, Physics, Chemistry and Maths)
Other: EDT Headstart course at Imperial. Silver in Cambridge chemistry challenge. Silver in the Physics Olympiad (second highest in school). Gold in UKMT Maths challenge. Masterclasses.
Averages:
Best 3: 96.72%
Best 4: 94.96%
SUMS: 93.94%
Maths: 95.50%
Maths and Physics: 96.10%
You guys are so smart. I have no chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
You guys are so smart. I have no chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You haven't even sat AS yet, chin up
Original post by Viceroy
x

Username: Cerlohee
College: Queens'
Course: Physical Natural Sciences
GCSEs: 4A*s, 3As 2Bs an A in FSMQ
AS: 4As in Physics, Maths, Biology, Chemistry. 87.89 UMS average.
A2 predictions: A* A* A A a (in FM AS)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Bump.
Original post by Viceroy

- Username
- College
- Course

QUOTE ME so I can add you. I'll try to have as much relevant info as possible in the master list, but if something's missing, let me know.

Spoiler

Username: Davothebigafro
College: Churchill
Course: Mathematics
GCSE's: 7A* 2As 1B + A in FSMQ
AS : AAAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics 91% average (94% over 3 most relevant)
A2 Predictions : A*A*A*A* (Maths, Further Maths, Additional Further Maths, Physics

Other : Self taught C3 - 100ums, Self teaching Additional Further Maths, Golds/Best in school in UKMT challenge, UKMT team challenge, Senior Kangaroo, Copper in Cambridge Chemistry Challenge (lol)
Original post by Viceroy

- Username
- College
- Course

Undisclosed 15
Emma
Law
IGCSEs: 6A* 2A
AS: AAAA
A Level achieved: A* (Maths)
A Level predicted: A*A*A (Chemistry, Physics, Economics)
Apolyterion predicted: 20/20

Best 3 average: 93.56%
Best 4 average: 91.42%

Extracurricular: Further reading, work experience, sports, Model UN (doing this year), LAMDA: speaking in public (doing this year)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to University of Cambridge connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.
Original post by Viceroy

- Username
- College
- Course

Spoiler

Tomfailinghelp
Christ's
Philosophy
AS: A - 99% (History)
A - 98% (Sociology)
A - 99% (English Lit)
A - 100% (Philosophy)

A2 prediction: A*A*A (English, Philosophy, History)
Original post by Viceroy
Bump.

Why'd you take the link to connect out man? :frown: It literally does everything you're doing with this thread, whilst allowing people to easily see all the unis they're applying to.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Why'd you take the link to connect out man? :frown: It literally does everything you're doing with this thread, whilst allowing people to easily see all the unis they're applying to.

No averages or anything on connect people find. Although I don't mind it... It seems the others aren't fans of it :frown:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No averages or anything on connect people find. Although I don't mind it... It seems the others aren't fans of it :frown:

That's good to know - what kind of averages are people looking for?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
That's good to know - what kind of averages are people looking for?

I'll PM

Latest

Trending

Trending