The Student Room Group

Will unis accept GCSE retakes in year 13??

My cousin wants to resit some of her GCSE's and she just started her A2 level (Year 13). Will universities reject her because she's going to resit her GCSE's at the age of 17 and also while doing her A levels?
She's planning to do medicine.
Original post by Anne james
My cousin wants to resit some of her GCSE's and she just started her A2 level (Year 13). Will universities reject her because she's going to resit her GCSE's at the age of 17 and also while doing her A levels?

Going to pop this in UCAS for you :smile:
anyone??:sad::sad:

Not usually, but medicine is very competitive. Which GCSEs is she resitting?

Many universities will only accept GCSEs sat in a 2 year period (I.e in yr 10/11 or yr 11/12) into Medicine courses. She'd be better off checking on individual universities academic requirements for Medicine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Idk about medicine but if you want to retake a gcse exam, do it in november (you'd need to check specific examboard timetables) and you'll get your results just before the ucas deadline which you can then put on the ucas website and submit your application with your NEW grade. The unis dont need to know your previous grades

Quick Reply

Latest