The Student Room Group

A level dilema

So I recently picked my a levels. I have picked English LIT, Government Politics, Business and Health and Social.
I do not know what I want to do in the future, however I had my mind set on dentistry, but didn't do so well in science GCSE. I feel like my hair is falling out, English LIT is BORING and is a 2 year course. I want to drop it, but then I don't want to only be left with 3 subjects. HELPPPP
You can't do Dentistry without sciences at A level.
Can't you swap English Lit for another course? Some sixth forms and colleges are still in their provisional period :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by lilixxx1000
You can't do Dentistry without sciences at A level.

yes. Hence the title of the thread, thanks for the reminder though.
Reply 4
Original post by laylarose
Can't you swap English Lit for another course? Some sixth forms and colleges are still in their provisional period :redface:

Yeah, I can switch it, but the subjects left that are in that block are Art and chemistry etc which I have no interest in :frown:
Have a look at foundation year courses for dentistry.
:colondollar:
Original post by GreenNinjaa
Yeah, I can switch it, but the subjects left that are in that block are Art and chemistry etc which I have no interest in :frown:

Awh, that sucks. But you do know that if you want to do Dentistry then Chemistry would be a very good option?
Reply 7
Original post by laylarose
:colondollar:

Awh, that sucks. But you do know that if you want to do Dentistry then Chemistry would be a very good option?

I got a C in chemistry, but my overall science was a D -__-
Idk if I should do english lit, its boring and ew
Reply 8
The harsh reality is that you have a 0% chance of getting onto a dentistry course without biology or chemistry A Level. Better to pick a more suitable career.
foundation year???

Quick Reply

Latest