The Student Room Group

Careers advice please :D weekend job for reliable 14yr old nearly 15 in Wiltshire.

Hi :smile:

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with my query below :smile:

I am a reliable 14yr old nearly 15 and am looking for a part time weekend job, does anyone have any ideas of where i can work? I am in the South West, Wiltshire.

I am interested in just some of the following:
Cleaner
Receptionist
Waiter
Barista
Supermarkets
Or anything else similar, all ideas are welcome. Thanks :smile:

I applied for a job with Starbucks about 3 weeks ago, but i am yet to hear anything back :frown:.

Thanks again :biggrin:
:colondollar:
Original post by Ace C
Hi :smile:

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with my query below :smile:

I am a reliable 14yr old nearly 15 and am looking for a part time weekend job, does anyone have any ideas of where i can work? I am in the South West, Wiltshire.

I am interested in just some of the following:
Cleaner
Receptionist
Waiter
Barista
Supermarkets
Or anything else similar, all ideas are welcome. Thanks :smile:

I applied for a job with Starbucks about 3 weeks ago, but i am yet to hear anything back :frown:.

Thanks again :biggrin:
:colondollar:

Quite a few places like supermarkets, shops, fast food places etc want you to be 16, especially the big chain ones.
You are a bit limited due to your age, but you can do paper rounds, waitressing in cafes and restaurants (you are more likely to find success in the smaller ones than chain ones).
Reply 2
Ok thanks. :biggrin: I am open to all jobs that are willing to accept me.

Do you know how old you have to be to work at Aldi?

Reply 3
Please do still answer! Open to all answers :colondollar:
Thanks
Reply 4
I think it will be quite a task for you to find a job at 14 due to national insurance. When I was 14 I knew a couple of people with jobs in a corner shop or my younger cousin is 15 and works in a cafe. If there are any companies you know of with family running or family friends they may take you on :smile: I did a newspaper round at 14 but I was too slow at it because I didn't know all the streets in my area lol.
Why do you want a job at 14. You're way too young. Hardly anyone will accept you, just due to your age.
Reply 6
Thanks for your idea, im 15 at the start of nov. I thought that I could apply for a job with Whsmiths or Boots. I also thought about doing peoples gardens etc.

Original post by Ace C
Thanks for your idea, im 15 at the start of nov. I thought that I could apply for a job with Whsmiths or Boots. I also thought about doing peoples gardens etc.

You are going to be best off asking neighbours for gardening, baby-sitting etc type jobs. You are too young for formal employers to want to consider you until you are 16. It doesn't really matter what the law allows, over 18s are always preferred, over 16s at a push, but below that it's not worth the risks.

Try putting a note up in the local newsagent or dropping a note into neighbours offering to sweep leaves, clean cars etc. Note the season for outdoor work! Put a small printed note with your contact details and what you can do through people's doors in the street etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending