The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth Uni prospective students 2015/2016 year

hey,

I'm keen to apply to portsmouth 2015 to study law with international relations and thought it would be good to see what others are applying for!

angel :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Looking at either Business economics or Economics with banking and finance :smile: Definitely putting Portsmouth as my first choice just deciding whic course
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
I'm currently studying Applied Business and Psychology A2 and need another two schools to put into my application. I got:
BB in Business
C in Psychology
C in English Literature

I know i'm applying for Leicester, Royal Holloway and Kent, but don't know the others.

Any help??????

I'm applying for a management with marketing sandwich course by the way
Reply 3
I looked at UEA, Kent, Hertfordshire and Portsmouth, I liked Hertfordshire a lot so might be good to look at that? Don't know what grades they want though
Reply 4
English and Creative Writing with a placement year at Portsmouth!
I'm looking to study History either at Portsmouth or Winchester, both of which I like equally. What made you decide on Portsmouth? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jaffacakerr
I'm looking to study History either at Portsmouth or Winchester, both of which I like equally. What made you decide on Portsmouth? :smile:

The fact I get a sandwich year, it sounds so good and the entry requirement is decent as well! I still haven't properly looked round the uni, I've seen it before but not as a prospective student, so the open day will hopefully help! Have you looked at the opportunities outside of study? Like I want to do Cheerleading at uni as an extra curricular thing too!

Hope that's semi helped!
Reply 7
Original post by Jeast96
Looking at either Business economics or Economics with banking and finance :smile: Definitely putting Portsmouth as my first choice just deciding whic course

That sounds soo good! I wish I could do economics!
Original post by angellayerr
The fact I get a sandwich year, it sounds so good and the entry requirement is decent as well! I still haven't properly looked round the uni, I've seen it before but not as a prospective student, so the open day will hopefully help! Have you looked at the opportunities outside of study? Like I want to do Cheerleading at uni as an extra curricular thing too!

Hope that's semi helped!

I haven't looked at any open days of the universities I've decided to apply for yet, but I'm going to Winchester this Saturday then Portsmouth November 1st :smile: I quite like to join any debating/politics clubs they run, and any form of journalism through a uni newspaper etc. I think Portsmouth would be my second choice if I don't get offered a place at Winchester but it is SOOO I keep changing my mind ^^
Reply 9
I haven't looked at any open days of the universities I've decided to apply for yet, but I'm going to Winchester this Saturday then Portsmouth November 1st :smile: I quite like to join any debating/politics clubs they run, and any form of journalism through a uni newspaper etc. I think Portsmouth would be my second choice if I don't get offered a place at Winchester but it is SOOO I keep changing my mind ^^

Ah! Really? I'm seeing portsmouth on the 1st too! But yeah, debating would be good, the only thing is I might lose friends quickly if I join debating club as I'm quite opinionated! I'm excited someone else is seeing portsmouth on the same day though! Do you have twitter?
Ah! Really? I'm seeing portsmouth on the 1st too! But yeah, debating would be good, the only thing is I might lose friends quickly if I join debating club as I'm quite opinionated! I'm excited someone else is seeing portsmouth on the same day though! Do you have twitter?

I do have twitter, it's jaffacakerr, I don't use much at all now.. the only social network usually use is Tumblr herruah, I need to join as many societies and clubs as possible, must make friends, chances are my halls are going to be filled with weirdos ^^
I do have twitter, it's jaffacakerr, I don't use much at all now.. the only social network usually use is Tumblr herruah, I need to join as many societies and clubs as possible, must make friends, chances are my halls are going to be filled with weirdos ^^

AHH! Why would it be filled with weirdos?! that's made me laugh :smile: But okay, i'll follow you anyway haha!
AHH! Why would it be filled with weirdos?! that's made me laugh :smile: But okay, i'll follow you anyway haha!

ah, well you know those people who can't put things away properly or make a mess AND HAVE THE COURAGE TO JUST LEAVE IT BE HAUHAHA those people suck. But I am also one of these people. So I need people to clean for me ^^
ah, well you know those people who can't put things away properly or make a mess AND HAVE THE COURAGE TO JUST LEAVE IT BE HAUHAHA those people suck. But I am also one of these people. So I need people to clean for me ^^

OH GOD, I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE FFS HELP ME. basically my deal is that I am going to cook and people will clean for me, so fingers crossed it is successful and people fall in love with my cooking, hoooraayyy! Maybe we should start a thread of people who are happy to clean for us when we go to uni haha!
That would be kewl, I like how Portsmouth setup uni hall pages so you can talk to people in your building before you move in ^^
That would be kewl, I like how Portsmouth setup uni hall pages so you can talk to people in your building before you move in ^^

Yes! Eeep, so excited for uni
I am putting Portsmouth as one of my options for Economics next year since from what I have seen it doesn't look terrible, Hopefully I will get an offer I have 180 Ucas points atm from my AS grades (AADD) and since the typical offer is 280 should I be worrying at all or not do you think? :smile:
It will be based on you predicted grades that your tutor should put in, talk with the teachers to put them up & make sure you mention any retakes you're doing in the education section. As long as you supply those grades in the end it will be fine & you'll receive a unconditional offer within two weeks
Reply 18
Got my Portsmouth offer today for Environmental Science.
Unconditional having got CDD in my A2s plus a B in an AS.
Waiting on my other 4 choices but love Portsmouth!
Reply 19
Sent my application off last week, applied for BA Geography :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending