The Student Room Group

Why can't people start teaching women not to abuse men

This disgusting this form of violence should not be tolerated. The systematic violence against men is wide spread, I call it the male abuse culture.
Women have more control when it comes to the educating/raising of children, so one could say that females are failing to protect us males from abuse that goes unnoticed.

Scroll to see replies

To be fair, this sort of thing is not because people think it's ok, it's because they play it like a caricature. This doesn't seem real. Also, the guy's reaction to it puts me more in mind of "Seriously, I'm so sick of this crazy bitch" not "I'm ashamed that I let her treat me like this and am almost kind of scared of her." Not to say a more realistic situation WOULD attract attention but it'd make for a more valid experiment if the did. I'm pretty sure the people that do these experiments have no idea what male domestic abuse looks like.
Reply 2
Original post by EllieC130
To be fair, this sort of thing is not because people think it's ok, it's because they play it like a caricature. This doesn't seem real. Also, the guy's reaction to it puts me more in mind of "Seriously, I'm so sick of this crazy bitch" not "I'm ashamed that I let her treat me like this and am almost kind of scared of her." Not to say a more realistic situation WOULD attract attention but it'd make for a more valid experiment if the did. I'm pretty sure the people that do these experiments have no idea what male domestic abuse looks like.

Domestic violence is not categorised by a particular attacking style, it is violence against your partner within a relationship.
Feminist are hot on this topic, even extending the term to include women who have partners who control the households finances or a partner who insults them.
Absolutely disgusting that no one stepped up to help the man.

It's things like this that are the reason I'm anti-feminist.

Spoiler

@snowowl Why does this make you anti-feminist? What has feminism got to do with this anyway?
Two reasons
1. A woman hitting a man is seen a funny due to sexism. Also just like a previous film I have seen, he looks like he is hurting her more. Ifthey had the second woman knock him to the floor and start kicking him and stamping on him maybe people would have stopped smirking, but we'll nevr know.

2. Feminists have managed to fix it in peoples minds that DV is a one way street.
How many people know that 4 out of 10 agressors are women in DV cases. Nearly half, yet have you ever seen a campaign that didnt paint it as a one way street?
There was a study that showed that if you include violence against children in a domestic setting in the DV figures then women are the main perpertrators.
Would you care sharing that study with us, and telling us where you got that statistic about aggressors in DV cases, caravaggio2?
I havent got it but google may help you
Original post by snowyowl
Absolutely disgusting that no one stepped up to help the man.

It's things like this that are the reason I'm anti-feminist.

Spoiler

Bystander effect & yes it is CockTV
Original post by caravaggio2

2. Feminists have managed to fix it in peoples minds that DV is a one way street.

If someone calls themselves a feminist and also believes or preaches that DV is a one-way street, then they're doing it wrong.
Original post by caravaggio2
I havent got it but google may help you

Um no, I'm not doing your homework for you. If you can't back up your claims then don't make them lest people assume you just made them up.
Assume what you want.
Original post by apitchfork
@snowowl Why does this make you anti-feminist? What has feminism got to do with this anyway?

feminists like to trivialize this issue and are very against helping men in this situation.

Anyway check this out. It's socially acceptable to laugh about violence against men. For feminists it's a joke.

(edited 9 years ago)
No hang on. I remember loads of feminists condeming that disgusting clip and they........oh no ..wait....
Original post by ChickenMadness
feminists like to trivialize this issue and are very against helping men in this situation.

Are you going to help me out with some quotes from feminist organizations or feminists who are against helping men or am I just going to have to take your word for it?
Original post by apitchfork
Are you going to help me out with some quotes from feminist organizations or feminists who are against helping men or am I just going to have to take your word for it?

did you not watch the video? lol.
did you not watch the video? lol.

I did. Since when is The Talk a bastion of feminist thought? If that's all you have, I'm not convinced.

Anyway check this out. It's socially acceptable to laugh about violence against men. For feminists it's a joke.

"I do think it's quite fabulous"

:mad:
I saw this and it was disgusting especially when the black guy hit the victim on the back of the head, but that girls fighting was pathetic, in comparison to the man, he was putting her on the floor, it didnt look at all convincing she was hitting him, I totally agree we should be telling men and women not to use violence ever, but why is just womens fault? Men as much as women see women as the physically weaker sex hence,
If the woman was a 6ft 20st huge thing and the guy was 5ft 3 and weighing 8 stone would people step in then? I really think they would.
Original post by vickidc18
I saw this and it was disgusting especially when the black guy hit the victim on the back of the head, but that girls fighting was pathetic, in comparison to the man, he was putting her on the floor, it didnt look at all convincing she was hitting him, I totally agree we should be telling men and women not to use violence ever, but why is just womens fault? Men as much as women see women as the physically weaker sex hence,
If the woman was a 6ft 20st huge thing and the guy was 5ft 3 and weighing 8 stone would people step in then? I really think they would.

Just have to point out that, though it's it impossible and may well happen in some circumstances I have never, and doubt I ever will see a 6 ft 20st woman with a 5ft 3 8st guy it almost doesn't make biological sense that that would or could work as a relationship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending