The Student Room Group

IB Predicted grades of 32 - what courses could I do?

Hey guys,
I got predicted 32 for IB and I am an international student so everyone gets like 38-40 :\ The courses I want to study are all 36-38, what courses can I study in good well known unis are there in the UK?

Please suggest and help out! thank you! :s-smilie:
Original post by ljc29
Hey guys,
I got predicted 32 for IB and I am an international student so everyone gets like 38-40 :\ The courses I want to study are all 36-38, what courses can I study in good well known unis are there in the UK?

Please suggest and help out! thank you! :s-smilie:

Hey,

I'm glad to hear your considering to study in the UK :smile: If I'm totally honest I think you're looking at this the wrong way. What I think you should do first is choose the course subject you want to study then look at what the universities are asking for that course. Your course choice shouldn't be dictated by your points, it should be done by your personal interests :smile:

In terms of what universities to apply to, I suggest you choose ones that are above, about the same and below your predicted grades. In your UCAS application you get 5 choices so I would make two of those above your predicted grades, two of those about the same as your predicted grades and one below for insurance purposes. This means that you can apply to ones that are in the 36-38 region :smile:

My last bit of advice: predicted grades are predicted for a reason - They don't dictate what you will get and you might find yourself going above so it's good to have a range of point requirements :smile: In my school, I was predicted 26 and I got 13 above that :biggrin:

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Alunzar
Hey,

I'm glad to hear your considering to study in the UK :smile: If I'm totally honest I think you're looking at this the wrong way. What I think you should do first is choose the course subject you want to study then look at what the universities are asking for that course. Your course choice shouldn't be dictated by your points, it should be done by your personal interests :smile:

In terms of what universities to apply to, I suggest you choose ones that are above, about the same and below your predicted grades. In your UCAS application you get 5 choices so I would make two of those above your predicted grades, two of those about the same as your predicted grades and one below for insurance purposes. This means that you can apply to ones that are in the 36-38 region :smile:

My last bit of advice: predicted grades are predicted for a reason - They don't dictate what you will get and you might find yourself going above so it's good to have a range of point requirements :smile: In my school, I was predicted 26 and I got 13 above that :biggrin:

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you soooo much! really appreciate the help :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending