The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Accommodation: A guide to what you need to know

Scroll to see replies

Hello Vicky,

Im accepted at place doing sports science with management, and i've chose Butler court. Am i right in thinking its close to my lectures?

Whats is Bulter Court like for socials, sports, events/nights out in general?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by caramajeffrey
Hi,

I'm asking for a friend who has an offer to study at Loughborough. What is the date for moving into accommodation?

Thank you!

Hi caramajeffrey

It varies depending on which hall you are in. We stagger the arrivals so it doesn't get too busy on campus. Your friend will be sent details of their moving in day once they have finalised their accommodation after results day and paid their room bond.

Hope this helps :smile:

Vicky
Hi there,

I was just wondering what halls people have chosen and why they have selected that one?

I want a hall that is very social and quite a lively place to be, want somewhere pretty central to all the happenings, I am not a very quite person so will struggle if I am in a hall with people who are sat in their rooms all day long. Anyone know much about what halls are social and have the best hall spirit? Also would preferred catered.

I know it is a lot of things I am looking for in one hall, any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Original post by mdoubleb11
Hi there,

I was just wondering what halls people have chosen and why they have selected that one?

I want a hall that is very social and quite a lively place to be, want somewhere pretty central to all the happenings, I am not a very quite person so will struggle if I am in a hall with people who are sat in their rooms all day long. Anyone know much about what halls are social and have the best hall spirit? Also would preferred catered.

I know it is a lot of things I am looking for in one hall, any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Hi mdoubleb11

You could have a look at the videos that students have done on the accommodation site here as a starting point maybe?

Worth remembering that intakes to halls change every year. Also that you get out of hall living what you put in to it - there is always a lot going on in every hall, and you do tend to be matched with like minded people.

Vicky
Hi,

I was just wondering if it was possible to reserve a room but then swap rooms with someone else if I find someone who wants my room and vice versa? Elvyn, Towers and Royce were my preferences but they seem to have been snapped up quickly by my fellow exchange students however William Morris Standard is still available so I was thinking of reserving that as it seems William Morris is a heavily subscribed to hall and thus would increase my chances of finding someone in one of my preferred halls willing to swap.

Thanks
Reply 65
What kind of offer do you have where you can make your preferences now?

I accepted my conditional offer and made an account but it says I'm currently not eligible to apply.
Reply 66
I have firmly accepted my conditional offer at Loughborough, however when registering for accommodation on the website yesterday it has acknowledged my login and details, but says I am 'ineligible' to apply for a room yet? What do I need to do?
Original post by BaronK

I accepted my conditional offer and made an account but it says I'm currently not eligible to apply.

I'm an exchange student and so reservations were open for me on the 1st but I didn't receive my student number until yesterday so I couldn't apply until then and hence missed out on the halls I wanted :frown: I believe those with unconditional offers can apply now as well but not sure about conditionals.
Original post by stephthedreamer
Hi,

I was just wondering if it was possible to reserve a room but then swap rooms with someone else if I find someone who wants my room and vice versa? Elvyn, Towers and Royce were my preferences but they seem to have been snapped up quickly by my fellow exchange students however William Morris Standard is still available so I was thinking of reserving that as it seems William Morris is a heavily subscribed to hall and thus would increase my chances of finding someone in one of my preferred halls willing to swap.

Thanks

If you want to change you'll need to speak to the accommodation centre as they may be able to do something now. You can call them on +44 (0)1509 222258 or e-mail them on [email protected]

At this stage, that is definitely the best thing for you to do and they will advise you accordingly.

Vicky
Original post by BaronK

Hi BaronK

On the accommodation website there is an announcment (I've only just found it too!) stating

Once you have registered, you have completed the process at this stage. The ‘My Details’ page will state ‘you are ineligible to apply for accommodation’. You will not be able to proceed and Reserve your Room until after Thursday 13 August.

So that'll answer your question I think.

Worth keeping an eye on the announcements page here for any future news.

Vicky
Original post by TBryant
I have firmly accepted my conditional offer at Loughborough, however when registering for accommodation on the website yesterday it has acknowledged my login and details, but says I am 'ineligible' to apply for a room yet? What do I need to do?

Hi TBryant

See my post above - you don't need to do anything, you've registered so that's all you need to do for now.

Vicky
Hi,

I firmed a conditional offer for a BSc in Sports Technology at Loughborough and was wondering which hall would be closest to my lectures? I tried looking on the campus map and it seems that David Collett is the closest one to the library and the lectures (if im correct on where those are). In case it helps, I prefer a catered hall to a self-catered one.

Also, I did the IB so my results will be out early July, is there any way that I could apply to the halls earlier? That way my chances of getting the hall I want is higher!

Thank you for your help :smile:

Cristina
Original post by CristinaEs
Hi,

I firmed a conditional offer for a BSc in Sports Technology at Loughborough and was wondering which hall would be closest to my lectures? I tried looking on the campus map and it seems that David Collett is the closest one to the library and the lectures (if im correct on where those are). In case it helps, I prefer a catered hall to a self-catered one.

Also, I did the IB so my results will be out early July, is there any way that I could apply to the halls earlier? That way my chances of getting the hall I want is higher!

Thank you for your help :smile:

Cristina

Hi Cristina

All of the halls in the student village are close to Engineering, so catered wise you can go for any of the halls other than Towers which include:

Cayley

David Collett

Elvyn Richards

Faraday

Royce

Rutherford

So I really wouldn't worry too much about catered choice near your course!

I'm pretty sure IB students have to wait until accommodation opens after A-Level results on 13th August.

Hope this helps!
Vicky
Reply 73
Hi, I am thinking of either Robert Bakewell, Butler Court or The Holt for accommodation.
Is there a girls only room option in the accommodation at lboro?
And am I right in thinking The Holt is a more quieter halls compared to others? And which out of the 3 is closest to the Business School?
Thanks
Hi anna.96

Butler Court is the closest and The Holt & Robert Bakewell are probablly about the same distance, but at opposite ends of the campus. Robert Bakewell is near the Library and The Holt is just off campus off Forest Road.
The Holt is owned and managed by our partners, Unite Students. Becuase it's off campus in a residential area, it does tend to be slightly quieter than on campus halls.

There is a girls only option if you want it.

Hope this helps
Vicky
Reply 75
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi anna.96

Butler Court is the closest and The Holt & Robert Bakewell are probablly about the same distance, but at opposite ends of the campus. Robert Bakewell is near the Library and The Holt is just off campus off Forest Road.
The Holt is owned and managed by our partners, Unite Students. Becuase it's off campus in a residential area, it does tend to be slightly quieter than on campus halls.

There is a girls only option if you want it.

Hope this helps
Vicky

Thanks, that's helped a lot
Original post by anna.96
Thanks, that's helped a lot

You're welcome :smile:

Vicky
Hey Vicky!

I've been looking at accommodation and the like as I have applied for Drama at Loughborough starting in September, but I'm stuck between several different halls. I'm looking specifically at Falk/Egg, Butler Court, Harry French and Telford accommodations. I was just wondering what the distance each accommodation has related to Drama and the average time to walk to and from?

Thanks,

James
Original post by BimJentley
Hey Vicky!

I've been looking at accommodation and the like as I have applied for Drama at Loughborough starting in September, but I'm stuck between several different halls. I'm looking specifically at Falk/Egg, Butler Court, Harry French and Telford accommodations. I was just wondering what the distance each accommodation has related to Drama and the average time to walk to and from?

Thanks,

James

Hi James

Walking times all of course depend on how quickly you walk but as a rough guide:

Butler Court is the closest and is about a 2 minutes
Falk/Egg is about 5 minutes
Telford is about 10 mins
Harry French about 15 mins

Nothing is very far away to be honest and if you don't feel like walking, there is a free shuttle bus that runs across campus.

Hope that helps a bit!
Vicky
Reply 79
Hi there,
I would like to know about safety or security of harry french hall, could you help? And what's the running hours of public bus?
I already got an offer of self-contained room at Harry French hall. So now I'm wondering howsafe it is. And what are their usual activities at the hall.
Thank you very much.

Yada
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending