The Student Room Group

Starting to stress, get nervous and anxious.

Hi,

I was basically offered a placement job in a field that I find interesting.

The job will allow me to build up new skills and I can see the benefits are good, but I'm starting to get second thoughts and doubting myself.

Now, I am getting anxious and stressed and worked up even though I haven't started yet
Reply 1
This sounds lie it should be moved :s-smilie:

OP I can confirm from experience and what I have heard that being nervous about starting a new job is as normal as Nellie. Stick it out for a few days, and hopefully you will find that either a) it gets easier, or b) the benefit of fun stuff+new skills+friendly people outweighs the cost of feeling anxious being there!

OP by any chance do you have anxiety problems in general or is this a new feeling for you?
I was like this before I started all of my jobs. Nerves are normal. Once you get there and start talking to your colleagues, you'll start relaxing a bit more.
Just remember that you've been hired so the interviewers obviously thought you can do the job better than everyone else who applied.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by employee101
Hi,

I was basically offered a placement job in a field that I find interesting.

The job will allow me to build up new skills and I can see the benefits are good, but I'm starting to get second thoughts and doubting myself.

Now, I am getting anxious and stressed and worked up even though I haven't started yet

It's never as bad as you think it'll be. Trust me, you'll feel better once you do it. Try not to worry or think too much about it but go! You'll feel less anxious once you do, trust me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Riku
This sounds lie it should be moved :s-smilie:

OP I can confirm from experience and what I have heard that being nervous about starting a new job is as normal as Nellie. Stick it out for a few days, and hopefully you will find that either a) it gets easier, or b) the benefit of fun stuff+new skills+friendly people outweighs the cost of feeling anxious being there!

OP by any chance do you have anxiety problems in general or is this a new feeling for you?

Hi,

I tend to get anxious over changes and new things. I remember having similar feelings going to uni, but I feel happier about going uni now.

What happens in the first few months at work? Do they go easy on you and help you settle in?
Reply 5
Original post by thewishfulwriter
It's never as bad as you think it'll be. Trust me, you'll feel better once you do it. Try not to worry or think too much about it but go! You'll feel less anxious once you do, trust me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I feel a bit better now.

First time, I will be working and getting paid. I don't know what it is like at the workplace.

How are the first few months like?

Also, are you allowed to go on TSR, Facebook etc whilst working?
Original post by employee101
Yeah I feel a bit better now.

First time, I will be working and getting paid. I don't know what it is like at the workplace.

How are the first few months like?

Also, are you allowed to go on TSR, Facebook etc whilst working?

That's good :smile:

Where's your placement? It's unlikely you'll be allowed to while working, but you'll be free to during breaks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending