The Student Room Group

Does anyone know the process of transferring do a different university

I am currently a mature student studying at the University of Bristol. Today I got offered a well paid job back at home in London as well as having a couple of family matters that need sorting out.
I want to continue in education but would want to be in London, so I can sort this out, but don't know how to apply for a transfer.
Any help will be much appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by Hydroxy
1) Contact the University you want to go to - give them your qualifications and ask if they'd consider a transfer application.
2) If yes - apply through UCAS
3) If accepted - transfer at the start of the following year and tell your current University that you're doing this.
4) Happy days.

It's pretty straight forward. Just make sure Student Finance wouldn't be affected (shouldn't be for a transfer).

Also, I'm not sure what year you're in but most Universities wont consider you transferring after second year.

They'll often ask for you to get a certain mark in your current course too before transferring.

Thanks! I'll get on this. Do you know if you have to write another personal statement or can you reuse your old one?
Moved to Clearing, Applications and UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending