The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

I chose Bristol over...

Just came up with the idea of listing all other universities we applied to and got offer from, other than Bristol, to portray a picture of which universities are frequently turned down by Bristol students. Obviously if you had Bristol as your insurance choice, you firm doesn't count.

Here I start: I chose Bristol over Nottingham, Manchester, U of Toronto, U of British Columbia and McGill. (my subject is Law btw).
More useful to those thinking of applying this year would be WHY you decided on Bristol - and what you think of it now you are here.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
I chose Bristol over Exeter, for law as well.

I didn't actually have a clue about either when applying, and somehow thought Exeter was better for a while. Then I learnt that Bristol is far more prestigious, better for law especially being more traditional, has a great city/campus, and that it has better worldwide significance.
Reply 3
I chose Bristol over Durham, only because Durham is a lot further away, cold and very northern. Bristol is just a beautiful city.
Reply 4
I chose bristol over imperial, because the atmosphere, location and course were more suited to me.
Reply 5
I chose Bristol over Exeter, York and Southampton because of its greater reputation with employers, the greater appeal of the place itself compared to the other cities, and also for its prestige (for the sake of my ego, let's be honest).
UWE (sort of)

I had Bristol as my firm and my insurance for two different courses. Got flat out rejected from my firm choice on A level results day, and failed to get the grades for my insurance by only one mark! However, I checked UCAS on results day and had neither been accepted or rejected on my insurance course, spent 6 hours trying to contact Bristol to find out what was going on. In the meantime I managed to get a clearing place at UWE in case the insurance was also rejected. Managed to finally get though to Bristol though to find out that I had been accepted, so was left with the choice of that course or the clearing course at UWE. It was a pretty easy decision to make :P
Reply 7
I don't remember. I don't care either. I can only say Bristol is definitely one of the better cities in the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending