The Student Room Group

Architecture applications with BBB predicted grades

Hello,

I am posting this on behalf of my friend who is in a bit of a dilemma. She would like to apply for an architecture degree for 2015 entry but got CCDD at AS level. Her predicted ucas grades are BBB but she has her heart set on Strathclyde (ABB), Kent (ABB), Liverpool (AAA) and Edinburgh (AAA). She just wanted me to ask for any advice on this, what her chances of getting in, what universities would be better for her to apply to that are still "GOOD" etc.

Strathclyde and Kent are risky but possible choices. Liverpool and Edinburgh are unlikely to offer a place. My advice would be to work hard and go through adjustment if she achieves higher grades.
Reply 2
Original post by Intellectuallyty
Strathclyde and Kent are risky but possible choices. Liverpool and Edinburgh are unlikely to offer a place. My advice would be to work hard and go through adjustment if she achieves higher grades.

Thank you! She said this was very helpful
as long as the course is accredited it doesn't matter all that much, choose a place where you will be happy to live and study for the next 6 or so years
(edited 9 years ago)
My son got into Kent Uni to study Architecture with lower grades (ABD) but I think that there is a huge emphasis on a strong portfolio and personal statement. My advice would be to try and gain some relevant work experience and show that you have a passion to study the subject. Architecture is a notoriously difficult degree and involves a lot of hard work and long hours, so you need dedication and commitment! Having said that, my son absolutely loves the university and the course and Canterbury is a fantastic place to live.
Remember, A2 results are often a grade up from AS level so tell you friend not to worry, just to work hard and follow her heart - good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by Marnabanana
My son got into Kent Uni to study Architecture with lower grades (ABD) but I think that there is a huge emphasis on a strong portfolio and personal statement. My advice would be to try and gain some relevant work experience and show that you have a passion to study the subject. Architecture is a notoriously difficult degree and involves a lot of hard work and long hours, so you need dedication and commitment! Having said that, my son absolutely loves the university and the course and Canterbury is a fantastic place to live.
Remember, A2 results are often a grade up from AS level so tell you friend not to worry, just to work hard and follow her heart - good luck!

Hi, Can I ask if your son got into Kent through clearing with ABD or did he just get in automatically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending