The Student Room Group

One eye short sighted, other long sighted + astigmatism

I apparently have one eye long sighted and the other short sighted. Used to just be long sighted but now my right eye has gone short sighted and my left eye isn't as long sighted as it was.

It almost feels like it's not worth it though as the prescription is so low - -0.25/+0.25 and -0.5 astigmatism in both eyes. Will my glasses actually make much of a difference? Is it mainly for the astigmatism??

Also, I wasn't told when I should be using my new glasses - before with my long sightedness, it was just close up and reading, but I'm a bit confused with a mixed prescription like this!
In my experience,wearing glasses has made my eyes worse. I started off with a 1.25 for short sightedness and am now a 2.50. I started wearing them all the time and its made my eyes lazy in my opinion.If you can get away without wearing them then don't.
Reply 2
The degree of astigmatism is so small that you can discount it. As for the actual spherical prescription levels, well they seem hardly worth bothering about either ! Do you really need specs? I doubt it..

Quick Reply

Latest