The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Zakah (Alms or what most would consider as being charity) is highest amongst Muslims in the UK. This is a direct result of Islam and has absolutely nothing to do with education or western influences. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/21/muslims-give-most_n_3630830.html

"JustGiving said religious charities such as Muslim Aid and Islamic Relief benefited most"
Lol should've known.
Reply 61
Original post by scrotgrot
Jesus wept, my point in giving you that little timeline was to show you that, if we accept the thesis that the Muslim world is, like the Western world, a cohesive entity because it was originally built on Islam as a unifying religion, it has another 400 years to go before it reaches the stage where it can become a Europe/USA/Japan superpower.

So just as Europe was wracked with genocide and religious conflict 12 or 1300 years after the establishment of Christendom, so Islam is wracked with the same 12 or 1300 years after the establishment of the Caliphate.

Whichever way you look at it, Islam/the Muslim world is thus no more or less advanced or civilised than Christianity/the Western world.

you have obviously no clue of history - " Islam is wracked with the same 12 or 1300 years after the establishment of the Caliphate" islam has been so since its inceptions and continued till current date. your comparison with europe is flawed - a couple of hundred years ago, religious intolerance was supressed and hence those conflcits too ( this is from a weaker startpoint seeing as the middle east and asia was far more advanced than the west at the inception of both religions) so in fact by your theorising, islam should have already over-taken europe by now. Japan was hit with 2 nukes and inside 50 years outperformed the entire islamic world in rates of growth) but the islamic world has infact gone backward for centuries. did you not actually realise that regions like egypt and iraq and persia were world superpowers of their time- before islam turned up? And not only that, the islamic influences of the 7th century still purvey today, as if the clocks been stopped- thankfully the non muslim world doesnt behead people, burn them at stakes, sell them into slavery for having different beliefs.

your defence of these backward ideas by use of a pointless timeline is getting you nowhere.
Original post by Reformed
specifically tell me where in the quran it states girls must go to school, women to uni etc?

also tell me how educated was mohammed - did he for example, ever bother to learn to read?

you are a good example of ignorance that is spread simply by only reading works written by muslims

You sire are a prime example of utter ignorance, yet you are here to debate knowledge.
You make me laugh :lol:
The quran tells everyone to seek knowledge and reminds us to get more knowledge.
And I'm sorry that I do not base my knowledge about islam on wiki-islam and google :rolleyes:.
Reply 63
Original post by Al-farhan
You sire are a prime example of utter ignorance, yet you are here to debate knowledge.
You make me laugh :lol:
The quran tells everyone to seek knowledge and reminds us to get more knowledge.
And I'm sorry that I do not base my knowledge about islam on wiki-islam and google :rolleyes:.

please answer my specific questions instead of the ones youd prefer to give
Original post by aka r
the problem is Wahhabism not Islam

Still not an answer
please answer my specific questions instead of the ones youd prefer to give

You have been given your answer, we are told to seek knowledge every single one of us.
i challenge you to get me a single piece of scripture that women must not be educated lest they be killed? What is your proof for that my friend?!
You look like a bit of an expert, look forward to it.
Reply 66
You have been given your answer, we are told to seek knowledge every single one of us.
i challenge you to get me a single piece of scripture that women must not be educated lest they be killed? What is your proof for that my friend?!
You look like a bit of an expert, look forward to it.

i already challenged you to quote the qurans verse stating girls should go to school and you didnt do so, you cant challenge till youve answered yourself.

and i also asked whether mohammed, the ultimate example to all muslims and final islamic prophet, was ever influenced by islam to even learn to read
(edited 9 years ago)
i already challenged you to quote the qurans verse stating girls should go to school and you didnt do so, you cant challenge till youve answered yourself.

and i also asked whether mohammed, the ultimate example to all muslims and final islamic prophet, was ever influenced by islam to even learn to read

Are you that silly?!
So if I say to you clean yourselves with your brilliant western brain and mind well educated would deduce ''duur there is no reference in that above statement that black people, women, children, hispanics, and welsh people can't clean themselves as they aren't mentioned by name :drool:. You sire are a genius I wonder why Oxbridge are not knocking on your doors. There is a specific hadith that includes females but I wont even justify this stupidity presented by quoting that.

The prophet used to learn and educate on a daily basis, he was the unread man that still educates the world. Despite that and despite his position he would spend time with the angel Gabriel learning more about the quran.
He would say: May god not bless a day in which I do not gain more knowledge. Pbuh
what is this obsession with Islam on tsr? :rolleyes:
ix

Now let me ask you for your proof or evidence to the contrary and that females are not to be educated, unless you have nothing and its all a farce.
And you trying to hide it by being pedantic.

nothing you have said here makes any sense at all.
Original post by sarsoora
what is this obsession with Islam on tsr? :rolleyes:

People ignorant and have their heads filled with wiki-islam and other nonsense.
Ps a lot of them assume to know something about the faith when they don't know their left from their right with regards to islam,:rolleyes:
People ignorant and have their heads filled with wiki-islam and other nonsense.
Ps a lot of them assume to know something about the faith when they don't know their left from their right with regards to islam,:rolleyes:

i know. seems like they get their so called "knowledge" from the daily mail and accessorize their speech with words from the dictionary. nothing they say or attempt to argue makes sense at all, probably why it's so funny lol.

it's like talking to brick walls.
i know. seems like they get their so called "knowledge" from the daily mail and accessorize their speech with words from the dictionary. nothing they say or attempt to argue makes sense at all, probably why it's so funny lol.

it's like talking to brick walls.

It is more worthwhile talking to brick walls, as with brick walls you do not hear outlandishly illogical and fallacious comments that make you go :facepalm:
Reply 74
Are you that silly?!
So if I say to you clean yourselves with your brilliant western brain and mind well educated would deduce ''duur there is no reference in that above statement that black people, women, children, hispanics, and welsh people can't clean themselves as they aren't mentioned by name :drool:. You sire are a genius I wonder why Oxbridge are not knocking on your doors. There is a specific hadith that includes females but I wont even justify this stupidity presented by quoting that.

i didnt ask for any of the above nor a vague statement about seeking knowledge ( which most people think means 'knowledge about islam') , i asked which verse girls were encouraged to go to school - at least in your ranting the truth comes out that there is no such verse in the quran.

The prophet used to learn and educate on a daily basis, he was the unread man that still educates the world. Despite that and despite his position he would spend time with the angel Gabriel learning more about the quran.
He would say: May god not bless a day in which I do not gain more knowledge. Pbuh
learning about the quran =/=education, again thanks for showing your concept of knowledge is flawed. and also pointing out that despite his full exposure to islam, not once was he compelled to learn anything of note, including learning to read.
(edited 9 years ago)
It is more worthwhile talking to brick walls, as with brick walls you do not hear outlandishly illogical and fallacious comments that make you go :facepalm:

lool, exactly :sigh:
Reply 76
nothing you have said here makes any sense at all.

mohammed was never influenced to learn to read by islam. you should break this trend and learn to read in order to educate yourself
Reply 77
Original post by CJKay
"JustGiving said religious charities such as Muslim Aid and Islamic Relief benefited most"
Lol should've known.

We had a discussion a while back (perhaps a year) on whether Syrians loved Jabhat Al Nusra.

I don't want to advertise my thread but you should check it out.

:wink:
mohammed was never influenced to learn to read by islam. you should break this trend and learn to read in order to educate yourself

looooooollll u really are like talking to the wall. bye dude
i didnt ask for any of the above nor a vague statement about seeking knowledge ( which most people think means 'knowledge about islam') , i asked which verse girls were encouraged to go to school - at least in your ranting the truth comes out that there is no such verse in the quran.
learning about the quran =/=education, again thanks for showing your concept of knowledge is flawed. and also pointing out that despite his full exposure to islam, not once was he compelled to learn anything of note, including learning to read.

So, being pedantic as usual I see.
Also I see you jumped and side swept the education of females, since you have no answer to that. Again the challenge was for you and your assertion to present proof that females are to be killed if they learn.
I await your reply.
On the matter of the prophet pbuh, his was one of his miracles and he is known as the unlettered prophet, the quran has more education than you will ever know, the least of it is its literary and linguistic teaching and education, that is not looking at everything else in the quran.
DO not try to weasel out and answer the question with regards to females, or just concede that you were mistaken on that topic.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending