The Student Room Group

English Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone firmed University of Leicester? Or has anyone got an interview offer from Leeds or any other University? If so, how are you going to prepare for any interview?
Got offers from Sheffield, York, Royal Holloway and UEA. I got rejected from Durham but they've emailed me about 3 times asking me to apply for psychology/anthropology etc.. I feel quite offended haha!
Original post by libertinegirl96
Got offers from Sheffield, York, Royal Holloway and UEA. I got rejected from Durham but they've emailed me about 3 times asking me to apply for psychology/anthropology etc.. I feel quite offended haha!

That's strange, why do they want you to apply for another course?? What did you say in your personal statement, haha? :tongue:
Original post by Hildegardium
That's strange, why do they want you to apply for another course?? What did you say in your personal statement, haha? :tongue:

They said that it's a 'referral for high achieving applicants' - obviously my personal statement was about English lit. and philosophy, but they couldn't offer me a place for that... So strange! I've never heard of it happening before.
They said that it's a 'referral for high achieving applicants' - obviously my personal statement was about English lit. and philosophy, but they couldn't offer me a place for that... So strange! I've never heard of it happening before.

Me neither!! So you're just going to firm one of the other universities?
Original post by Hildegardium
Me neither!! So you're just going to firm one of the other universities?

Yeah, Sheffield :smile: Durham's obviously an amazing university but there's no point doing a degree I don't want to!
Yeah, Sheffield :smile: Durham's obviously an amazing university but there's no point doing a degree I don't want to!

Yeah exactly! Still finding it quite strange though haha...
Reply 547
Firm Kings, insure Queen Mary
Original post by icharliee
I'm interested to see what other people would choose to do. Offers i'm considering: King's, Queen Mary, UEA for English lit.

What would you guys firm, insure, and reject? (Not taking into account the entry requirements)

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone hopefully doing English at Exeter?
Reply 549
I'm interested to see what other people would choose to do. Offers i'm considering: King's, Queen Mary, UEA for English lit.

What would you guys firm, insure, and reject? (Not taking into account the entry requirements)

Thanks

Firm UEA!
Original post by n00bie
Firm UEA!

My offer to UEA was unconditional.... It was hard to refuse... But I firmed King's and insured Queen Mary!
Reply 551
My offer to UEA was unconditional.... It was hard to refuse... But I firmed King's and insured Queen Mary!

Really set on studying in London then, eh? Congrats on your offers btw :smile:
And another day goes by...
Reply 553
Original post by Arkasia
Anyone hopefully doing English at Exeter?

Yes maybe! Or Warwick haha
Original post by LJDRx
Yes maybe! Or Warwick haha

I got rejected by Warwick so no dice there aha
Did anyone already had their interview at Leeds? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 556
Original post by Arkasia
I got rejected by Warwick so no dice there aha

Oh really? Thats harsh, do you have any idea why? Like what were you grades last year if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by LJDRx
Oh really? Thats harsh, do you have any idea why? Like what were you grades last year if you dont mind me asking?

No idea whatsoever, and I got 3A's and a C.
Reply 558
Original post by Arkasia
No idea whatsoever, and I got 3A's and a C.

That is bizzare, as I only got one grade higher than you last year with 3 A's and 1 B. Oh well at least you got Exeter! Streathem or cornwall campus?
Original post by LJDRx
That is bizzare, as I only got one grade higher than you last year with 3 A's and 1 B. Oh well at least you got Exeter! Streathem or cornwall campus?

Ah well, Warwick was never going to be my firm, and Streatham :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending