The Student Room Group

Am i good enough to apply to Russell Group?

Im currently in year 13 and I want to know if im good enough to apply to 'top' universities, im kind of scared that if i apply and i dont have good enough attributes and grades to get into them and get rejected.
for my GCSES i didnt do that great, i got
2 A's
4 B's
5 C's and 1 D
With B in Maths and C in English Language

for my AS levels i got:
A Economics
B Maths
B Business Studies
C Psychology
Was a bit disappointed with my AS levels too.

I reckon that my personal statement is quite decent but even if i have a good personal statement will this be enough for good universities to accept me?? i plan on applying for Either a combination of Business and Econ, Management or Finance. Im applying for Uni of Manchester as my first choice but im also applying to exeter, durham, surrey and maybe warrick and Brunel.

If someone could reply and give me some advice i would really appreciate it as im really anxious on whether it will work out :frown:
Reply 1
One of my friends friend got an offer from Imperial with AABB AS grades last year just because of his PS. And most people applying there will have 4A's. You have a chance with ABBC and an amazing statement.
Also around 0.3-0.4% less people got A grades in AS levels compared to last year so you still have a chance.
Reply 2
Original post by ETRC
One of my friends friend got an offer from Imperial with AABB AS grades last year just because of his PS. And most people applying there will have 4A's. You have a chance with ABBC and an amazing statement.
Also around 0.3-0.4% less people got A grades in AS levels compared to last year so you still have a chance.

Do you think it would be worth it to apply if my PS isnt amazing? and even if it is how amazing does it have to be do you think :/
Thanks for answering
Original post by AG101

Im applying for Uni of Manchester as my first choice but im also applying to exeter, durham, surrey and maybe warrick and Brunel.

Warwick would probably be happier if you know how to spell their name!

Why are you applying to 5 top level universities

You have 5 choices so that you can apply to a variety of courses with a range of entry requirements
Reply 4
Original post by TenOfThem
Warwick would probably be happier if you know how to spell their name!

Why are you applying to 5 top level universities

You have 5 choices so that you can apply to a variety of courses with a range of entry requirements

warrick haha
Reply 5
Original post by AG101
Do you think it would be worth it to apply if my PS isnt amazing? and even if it is how amazing does it have to be do you think :/
Thanks for answering

if it is very good you should apply to 2 or 3 and 2 safety choices. ask your teachers what they think about your PS. they can tell if is is very good or not
the PS is scanned for any important factors like illness that may have affected your grades. Apart for that it may be a deciding factor between those with equal grades but what will matter are your predicted grades. You need to have an insurance choice that you woud be happy to attend or be prepared to go into clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending