The Student Room Group

Medicine uni . HELP!!!!!

Hi, I'm currently studying A-level Chemistry, Biology, English and resitting Maths GCSE. I understand that most med schools want you to have English, Maths and Science all at grade B at GCSE which I have got all but Maths, which I will hopefully get this year. Also, most med schools want you to have Maths or Physics A-level alongside Chemistry and Biology but I can't do them subjects so I was wondering if I can still get into med school if I acheive A grade in Chemistry, Biology and English without Physics and Maths A-level? If so, the names of which ones would help a lot so I have a target to work towards and what you studied, grades you got at GCSE and A-level and what med school you go to (If its not too personal)!
the issue isnt not doing maths/physics at A level, but resitting maths gcse.
Original post by Kaizack
Hi, I'm currently studying A-level Chemistry, Biology, English and resitting Maths GCSE. I understand that most med schools want you to have English, Maths and Science all at grade B at GCSE which I have got all but Maths, which I will hopefully get this year. Also, most med schools want you to have Maths or Physics A-level alongside Chemistry and Biology but I can't do them subjects so I was wondering if I can still get into med school if I acheive A grade in Chemistry, Biology and English without Physics and Maths A-level? If so, the names of which ones would help a lot so I have a target to work towards and what you studied, grades you got at GCSE and A-level and what med school you go to (If its not too personal)!

You do not need to have maths or physics as a 3rd A-Level - you can pick whatever you want, so English is fine! The GCSE maths is the only problem but you could ring around unis and find out. But just to clarify you absolutely do not need to do maths or physics. Chemistry is essential and most want biology so you should be fine on that front :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Jimbob995
You do not need to have maths or physics as a 3rd A-Level - you can pick whatever you want, so English is fine! The GCSE maths is the only problem but you could ring around unis and find out. But just to clarify you absolutely do not need to do maths or physics. Chemistry is essential and most want biology so you should be fine on that front :smile:

Thankyou! This has made me happier knowing that I don't need either...What med school do you go to if you dont mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending