The Student Room Group

White student stabbed in racist attack. Police refuse to call it a racist attack.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by zgb1
They should learn the difference. I think it is insulting for the Chinese or Indians to be equalised with the Middle East.

In Europe when somebody says "Asian" it means people from China, Japan or Thailand. Indians are always refered as a separate group.

Yes, it is. I feel insulted being grouped with them, or Pakistanis, or bangaldeshis. Indians have worked too hard to be grouped with them.

Alas, the island mentality of some of the 'native britons' is still hostile to new things at times. Still, I can't complain. It's a beautiful, accepting country. Nowhere else like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chlorophile
Yet another example of someone exploiting a disgusting crime to support their xenophobic attitudes towards society. The problem here is the fact that a boy was stabbed, not that there's some kind of "cover up" by the "police of political correctness" that you've no doubt convinced yourself runs this country.

It reeks of dis-ingenuity to take a moral high ground on issues of racism, and then deceptively smear someone raising concerns by accusing them of racism and being a conspiracy theorist without supporting evidence. Ever thought taking this attitude against anyone you seem to think is racist might make the situation worse?
From a less hostile point of view though, I have to agree there isn't enough detail in these reports to make sense of what exactly happened here or indeed what the police really think about the motivations behind the crime.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Ggmu!
Yes, it is. I feel insulted being grouped with them, or Pakistanis, or bangaldeshis. Indians have worked too hard to be grouped with them.

Alas, the island mentality of some of the 'native britons' is still hostile to new things at times. Still, I can't complain. It's a beautiful, accepting country. Nowhere else like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, India is a powerhouse and it is stupid comparing it with a set of third world countries like the Middle East.

Well, to be fair the native britons should love the Indians. They made their empire so glorious. Also, the queen is still officialy the Empress of India.
Reply 83
Original post by zgb1
Yes, India is a powerhouse and it is stupid comparing it with a set of third world countries like the Middle East.

Well, to be fair the native britons should love the Indians. They made their empire so glorious. Also, the queen is still officialy the Empress of India.

Powerhouse/****hole full of poverty, corruption and abuse. India has a long way to go and isn't much better than most countries.

I was mainly referring to the British Indian community, and therefore other British Asian communities.

Ha! As an Indian who follows Indian news and politics to the t, I can tell you the British haven't left! We have their disease of political correctness and general foreign policy weakness/paralysis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Ggmu!
Powerhouse/****hole full of poverty, corruption and abuse. India has a long way to go and isn't much better than most countries.

I would not agree. It is the tenth-largest economy. Even if it has some problem it would be gone in a few years.

Original post by Ggmu!
Ha! As an Indian who follows Indian news and politics to the t, I can tell you the British haven't left! We have their disease of political correctness and general foreign policy weakness/paralysis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

care to provide some examples of political corecntess in India? I hope you are not refering that India has an Andy Choudary-like person and that the Indians are scared to say anything to him because he is a minority.

From what I heard, unlike the UK India is not pro-American.
Reply 85
Original post by zgb1
I would not agree. It is the tenth-largest economy. Even if it has some problem it would be gone in a few years.

care to provide some examples of political corecntess in India? I hope you are not refering that India has an Andy Choudary-like person and that the Indians are scared to say anything to him because he is a minority.

From what I heard, unlike the UK India is not pro-American.

India has deep, issues. There are too many communal, religious clashes. So many political scandals from the last government, a terrorist state on our border, another country that periodically marches into India. Worst of all, indians do no stand together. South indians stand alone in their bull**** 'dravidian' race parties. North indians stay selfish and have little concern for south or the North eastern States. Students from the north east are frequently attacked as hate crimes in cities like Delhi and Gurgaon.

Indian media is anti Hindu and pro minority, on a very basic level. There is no anjem choudhary like figure. There is Akbaruddin Owaisi who is an elected MP lol. India will see success like it did a thousand years ago again, but it will take time.

I've got too much to say that will be off topic, if you want to know more feel free to PM me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest