The Student Room Group

Confused and need advice about subjects (A-Level) :(

So basically Ive done my AS's and i got BCCE. Its not really what i wanted however i only really developed a good attitude to work towards the last month before exams so by then it was too late. I am carrying on into year 13 However i am doing 4 re-sits along with my A2s. Do you think it would be realistic too aspire to get AAA if I worked really hard this year?

By the way my subjects were (Maths B), (computing C), (Physics C), and (Further Maths E (I have now dropped this).

One last thing I was also wondering if it would be too much to do a A level in french which i can revise for in my own time? (I am fluent in french so it wouldn't be too much extra work)

Thanks Guys
Original post by JamesKnows
So basically Ive done my AS's and i got BCCE. Its not really what i wanted however i only really developed a good attitude to work towards the last month before exams so by then it was too late. I am carrying on into year 13 However i am doing 4 re-sits along with my A2s. Do you think it would be realistic too aspire to get AAA if I worked really hard this year?

By the way my subjects were (Maths B), (computing C), (Physics C), and (Further Maths E (I have now dropped this).

One last thing I was also wondering if it would be too much to do a A level in french which i can revise for in my own time? (I am fluent in french so it wouldn't be too much extra work)

Thanks Guys
There is nothing stopping you getting that AAA other than you!

Those are three respectable AS grades and you now need to focus/motivate yourself to achieve them. Nothing stopping you from getting to at least ABB.

You will have your work cut out for you with resits. French will add to the work load and
A2 is harder than AS. Dropping further maths certainly gives you the option but you will need to decide whether you will cope with the essay work load even though French sounds as if it will be a breeze for you.
Go for it :biggrin:
As long as you start revision/prep about now there's nothing stopping you.
And French AS at least, you'll find easy if you're fluent. I can barely speak a word of it and got an A

Quick Reply

Latest