The Student Room Group

Why not accept Muslims in society instead of fearing them?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reformed
i doesnt affect me because fortunalty logic rules (generally) in this society and we dont allow it

your interest is a flase one like most muslims are, i think they show interest to be troublesome, if you had a genuine need for sharia ro the like, as i said you would have moved to saudi arabia. the fact millions of muslims leave the islamic world every year to live in the non-islamic world says something. i would always feel that these sort of troublesome people should be monitored carefull in the same way people who showed 'interest' in white power theories or anarchic states etc

@reformed
the last proper shariah state was the ottoman empire which
became no more in the 20s. Saudi Arabia us an extremist
state run by selafis. as I keep saying shariah is a SELF
ENFORCED law for MUSLIMS ONLY. ur response to my
earlier comment has still left me reeling at the extent of u r
stupidity. Once I recover ill formulate an less intellectual
response with an easy take home message for you. hang in
there
Original post by beautifulxxx
If it doesn't affect you can't answer my question. If you can't answer my question be quiet. It's quite simple really.

Well I am very glad to tell you I'm moving to Saudi next month. Lol I never said I had a passion for the sharia. I want to follow my religion for now that is enough. If I commit a crime I'll consider the law. Same way loads of Muslims leave the western countries to move to an Islamic country. Saudi isn't an easy place to move to, took us practially 3 years to get the visas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ill beleive that when i see it. and fyi loads of people arnt doing that, there is multiple times more muslims fleeing islamic world to live in the West than vice versa - thats reality.
the fact it takes 3 years to get a visa shows that the sharia state doesnt really want you either. the idea of sharia, islam etc etc all came from the arabs - if you are not arab why do you think youd be front of the queue to be let into saudi?
Reply 62
Original post by hellodave5
The Muslim members of my family are very respectful to their 'non-believer' members.

In what way is that an answer to my question?
Original post by hahahoran18
@reformed
the last proper shariah state was the ottoman empire which
became no more in the 20s. Saudi Arabia us an extremist
state run by selafis. as I keep saying shariah is a SELF
ENFORCED law for MUSLIMS ONLY. ur response to my
earlier comment has still left me reeling at the extent of u r
stupidity. Once I recover ill formulate an less intellectual
response with an easy take home message for you. hang in
there

not even ottoman state was a sharia state -fyi thety were reformists compared to other islamic leaders, it was almost secualr in some areas - it formed the first parliement in islamic world which was not to be influenced by any islamic laws, it abolished the old islamic laws of killing apostates and forcing jizya which normally would be in sharia. it also broke with arabic tradition in various areas ( something arab muslims were very upset with)

your demonstrating the general ignorance amoung muslims about what sharia actually is - it could have only been practiced fully at times of mohammed, because he as a prophet could make judgements on earth. since then various attempts are just human interpretations. but the basic principles would include all the backward stuff of the the 7th century inc killing apostates, slavery, poligamy, covering up women, attacking non-muslims etc etc
Original post by Ronove
In what way is that an answer to my question?

Wasn't supposed to be!

"What about people without faith? Do you have the gall to tell us that they're also taught to have respect for atheists?"

Never had a Muslim show me disrespect regarding my religious beliefs.
Have you experienced it?

Seems that when people refer to Muslims in this forum, they refer to extremist Muslims, not the ordinary person.
Reply 65
Original post by hellodave5
Wasn't supposed to be!

"What about people without faith? Do you have the gall to tell us that they're also taught to have respect for atheists?"

Never had a Muslim show me disrespect regarding my religious beliefs.
Have you experienced it?

Seems that when people refer to Muslims in this forum, they refer to extremist Muslims, not the ordinary person.

Spend some more time in this subforum if you think it's only extremists.
ill beleive that when i see it. and fyi loads of people arnt doing that, there is multiple times more muslims fleeing islamic world to live in the West than vice versa - thats reality.
the fact it takes 3 years to get a visa shows that the sharia state doesnt really want you either. the idea of sharia, islam etc etc all came from the arabs - if you are not arab why do you think youd be front of the queue to be let into saudi?

You're an idiot. I'm sorry but your arguments are so flawed and you have poor grammar not to mention bad spelling. If you're deliberately doing this; then you're an even bigger idiot. I won't waste my time with you anymore ex muslim just because it didn't work out for you don't come and bother me.
And fyi, I am arab. Just be quiet because you don't know me hence you're not making any sense. "The fact that it takes three years shows the sharia state doesn't want you either":facepalm: it's like I'm talking to a five year old.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
You're an idiot. I'm sorry but your arguments are so flawed and you have poor grammar not to mention bad spelling. If you're deliberately doing this; then you're an even bigger idiot. I won't waste my time with you anymore ex muslim just because it didn't work out for you don't come and bother me.
And fyi, I am arab. Just be quiet because you don't know me hence you're not making any sense. "The fact that it takes three years shows the sharia state doesn't want you either":facepalm: it's like I'm talking to a five year old.

Posted from TSR Mobile

answer me why they take 3 years to let you in the country ( they dont even let non-muslims into mecca btw , but this is to be expected of islamic laws) - islam is suppossed to welcome the 'ummah ' is it not. you have not yet realised the hypocrisy of it all yet. maybe in time. you are an arab tho, so islam was made to suit you better. you simply need to realsie the entire world that didnt get conquered by islamic armies all those years ago cannot humour the pre-dark ages ideas of the 7th century in this day and age
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ronove
Spend some more time in this subforum if you think it's only extremists.

So you think all Muslims are disrespectful?

I'm quite new to TSR compared to you. Any threads you found particularly informative?

Still, not entirely sure TSR is entirely representative though.

As I asked before. Has this actually been confirmed in real life, face to face?
Muslims, as people from all other religious faiths, have only been respectful to me. I'm half Moroccan, so had reasonable experience with Muslims.
Why not accept society the way it is and try not to change/redesign it according to a dogma?
answer me why they take 3 years to let you in the country ( they dont even let non-muslims into mecca btw , but this is to be expected of islamic laws) - islam is suppossed to welcome the 'ummah ' is it not. you have not yet realised the hypocrisy of it all yet. maybe in time. you are an arab tho, so islam was made to suit you better. you simply need to realsie the entire world that didnt get conquered by islamic armies all those years ago cannot humour the pre-dark ages ideas of the 7th century in this day and age

It took us three years because its a long process. It has nothing to do with Islam or the Sharia law. For some people it takes them 2 years others 1 year some six months. We just didn't have much luck.
Islam isn't just for arabs.
You are not part of our ummah are you?
Listen, just a word of advice. In life, when you wish to debate about something, you need to be educated on that thing, or else you'll come across as what I've labeled you as. Please, go learn about Islam. Then come back with legit arguments and I shall debate with you whilst giving respect:smile:
For now, you are wasting my valuable time. So I won't continue, you may quote me, I won't answer. Take care of yourself and enjoy the rest of your day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It took us three years because its a long process. It has nothing to do with Islam or the Sharia law. For some people it takes them 2 years others 1 year some six months. We just didn't have much luck.
Listen, just a word of advice. In life, when you wish to debate about something, you need to be educated on that thing, or else you'll come across as what I've labeled you as. Please, go learn about Islam. Then come back with legit arguments and I shall debate with you whilst giving respect:smile:
For now, you are wasting my valuable time. So I won't continue, you may quote me, I won't answer. Take care of yourself and enjoy the rest of your day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol oh pls.
You probably know barely anything about Islam just the stuff that you've heard around and about.
Valuable time? lolwut
Original post by Jgco2chem
All the time people oppose Islam because they don't give in like the church to being gay, changing gender..etc Muslims have a right to believe in what they like and don't have the right to change their religion to be modern. I can't remember a day where the media hadn't said anything negative about Islam.
That people, who choose to live in a liberal democracy, have a right to believe in Islam is undisputed because the practice of religion is a free choice protected by the same laws of liberal democracy.

Everyone else also living in that same liberal democracy have a right to criticise religion and hence Islam.

The fact that Muslims are compelled to defend their faith, many do so at all costs even if that defence defies logic, reason and rationale. In many cases, this puts Islam in direct conflict with the protected rights of others and hence often also with the law.

Neither believer or disbeliever are free to break the law - which applies equally to both.

In my humble experience, most citizens who are also Muslims, abide by the law and keep their views to themselves when it conflicts with the law. The vociferous ones post their views on TSR - which then gets pounced on.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 73
In what way are Muslims not accepted into society? And I love how you think you are oppressed because you are not allowed to oppress gays :rolleyes:
Original post by Deteriorate
lol oh pls.
You probably know barely anything about Islam just the stuff that you've heard around and about.
Valuable time? lolwut

No sir or miss I'm well educated on my religion. I know I'm still ignorant on some matters but I'm learning.
I don't expect you to understand. But time is precious, and so is life for that matter. I musn't waste it. Enjoy the rest of your day as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
i have read more than you know, which includes islamic an non islamic sources. id wager thats a lot more than you. the 'ummah' is another made up concept that helps serparte the islamic world form the real world, and creates boundaries/conflcit. the attitude you espouse is that of the primitive mindsets of the 7th century which is why there is so much conflict with the isaomic world, not jsut in the west, but the east too, capitalism, communist, you name it, it occurs. instead of the personal attacks - try addressing the points, oh you cant! play the ball , not the man
Original post by Jgco2chem
All the time people oppose Islam because they don't give in like the church to being gay, changing gender..etc Muslims have a right to believe in what they like and don't have the right to change their religion to be modern. I can't remember a day where the media hadn't said anything negative about Islam.

So basically your mad because people don't like the fact that you discriminate against other people, whose lives have no effect on you in anyway whatsoever?

Right...
Original post by arvy
What do you mean coming over here ? Islam is a religion and people practice it . Any person reading your comment will understand that it does not actually make sense yet we all know know that you probably meant worse.

I'm just gonna requote myself in response to this.

"and we're so 'politically correct' that we're just sitting back while they come over here and outbreed the rest of us, terrified to criticise because then you're a racist and a bigot and you should be ashamed of yourself."
Original post by arvy
Well what is it then : a religion or culture ?
Complain about our own ? Define please?
I think perhaps you need an education and learn to write english properly, Oh and think b4 you write (or try to) .

It's a religion and a culture. They're inseparable.

You know what I meant by 'Complain about our own'.

My English is fine.
Reply 79
Original post by adnan111
Western countries are the most evil people ever... well the governments and rulers to be precise.... stealing oil, gold and other resources from the east,, destabalising so many countries (ukraine being the most recent) and starting wars for greater evil. the reason gaddafi, sadam hussain were killed was becuase they wanted to creat a new world reserve and move away from the dollar as it was declining and when the dollar fails it affects every country in the world.... the chemical weapons used in syria where made in a usa lab... aids was created in a american lab to depopulate......... the wests biggest goal is depopulation.... now tell me... whose the corrupt extreme people... oh and lets not forget 9/11 was an inside job

Lol what kind of drugs are you on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending