The Student Room Group

I have his number BUT I need an excuse to text him!!

So i have this cute guys number who i know was once interested in me. i don't think he's into me now but who knows what could happen. I really want him to see a certain pic of me and if i whatsapp him it will show on his phone. only thing is he doesn't have my number and i don't want to look too keen. I want to message him something casual that will look like i've sent it to everyone. Shall i just wait until xmas to send him the message?
Reply 1
Just do a group message to everyone then say it was an accident?
To be honest you just have to go for it; if you show interest and he reciprocates then it can happen. If he doesn't then you've got your answer. Either way, you need to just message him really.
Original post by Gonzolo
Just do a group message to everyone then say it was an accident?

Wouldnt do this. Just text him, OP :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
So i have this cute guys number who i know was once interested in me. i don't think he's into me now but who knows what could happen. I really want him to see a certain pic of me and if i whatsapp him it will show on his phone. only thing is he doesn't have my number and i don't want to look too keen. I want to message him something casual that will look like i've sent it to everyone. Shall i just wait until xmas to send him the message?

Did he give you his number? If so just text him something general/chatty/friendly :smile:
Don't worry about the picture for now.
Reply 5
Original post by Elf.

Did he give you his number? If so just text him something general/chatty/friendly :smile:
Don't worry about the picture for now.

yeah, we met up but since then i think he was put off. no contact since that day. will text him on xmas haha.
Reply 6
nah forget it. its too clingy. find someone else.
just do a group text inviting people somewhere

or just say hi
Reply 8
yeah, we met up but since then i think he was put off. no contact since that day. will text him on xmas haha.

XMAS?! Jesus I think he'll have gotten the hint you aren't interested by then
Reply 9

Wow, really?? Just text him something, what's the worst that could happen? :confused:
Best case scenario: you end up together.
Worst case: he thinks your weird and creepy and you two never talk again, and you move on.

Good lord! What is wrong with people on TSR.

If you like the guy then stop farting around, send the pic and ask him what he thinks of it.

Christ, i hope you people have more initiative than this in the working world.
Original post by AdamCee
XMAS?! Jesus I think he'll have gotten the hint you aren't interested by then

but i am.. i just don't like coming across too keen/desperate

Original post by Stinkum
nah forget it. its too clingy. find someone else.

clingy? texting on a special occasion after almost of year of no contact is far from clingy.. if anything it shows i wasn't clingy in the first place
but i am.. i just don't like coming across too keen/desperate

clingy? texting on a special occasion after almost of year of no contact is far from clingy.. if anything it shows i wasn't clingy in the first place

I repeat my question above.

What is wrong with you? Why the hell are you waiting rather than getting what you desire.
Original post by Rakas21
I repeat my question above.

What is wrong with you? Why the hell are you waiting rather than getting what you desire.

it's a long story and i'm too scared to text out of the blue for no reason

If you haven't spoken in a while why don't you pretend you've got his number but no name and aren't sure who it is. Something like "Hey who is this? I've got your number but lost some of my contacts. Btw it's X here :smile:" or however you write lol. If he replies you can then go in with a casual "Cool how are you doing?" etc.
it's a long story and i'm too scared to text out of the blue for no reason

You do have a reason. You want him!

Text him.. Hi' how are you. I want coffee with you.

Nobody ever won the lottery by waiting until christmas to buy a ticket (or ignore the handful who did).
Original post by Rakas21
You do have a reason. You want him!

Text him.. Hi' how are you. I want coffee with you.

Nobody ever won the lottery by waiting until christmas to buy a ticket (or ignore the handful who did).

Original post by moutonfou
If you haven't spoken in a while why don't you pretend you've got his number but no name and aren't sure who it is. Something like "Hey who is this? I've got your number but lost some of my contacts. Btw it's X here :smile:" or however you write lol. If he replies you can then go in with a casual "Cool how are you doing?" etc.

good points.. now to overcome my fear of hitting the send button, eek

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending