Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do Chartered Accountants earn?

Announcements Posted on
The Careers section needs more moderators! 21-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How much on average do CA's earn after 5 years of qualification ? Also how does earnings of Chartered accredited accountants (ACCA) compare with that of CA's?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'm interested too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My dad is a Chartered Accountant under Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and from what I remember when he was working at this company who managed BWFC was that we was earning 55,000 pounds with a company car. This was at a football club though, don't know how much they get if you work for one of the four big firms (I can't only think of Ernst and Young, forgotton the others).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is a lot of information about ACA v ACCA on the net - including this forum - there was a short discussion on it the other day - look back

It can vary a lot - obviously it depend son the size of the company and what you do - I would say 30 kminimum if you were working as a normal accountant doing audits in a medium sized firm. (with 5 years exp - obviously it can go up if you are a manager/partner etc)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How well are accountants paid when compared with solicitors? I too am interested to know.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whykiller)
    How well are accountants paid when compared with solicitors? I too am interested to know.
    Here is a comparison of earnings across different professions (including accountants and solicitors).
    http://www.bma.org.uk/ap.nsf/Content/ddrbev2005~annex3
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V1000)
    Here is a comparison of earnings across different professions (including accountants and solicitors).
    http://www.bma.org.uk/ap.nsf/Content/ddrbev2005~annex3
    Accountancy has a huge potentional range.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    Accountancy has a huge potentional range.
    Depending on the area you work in?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 18, 2006
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.