The Student Room Group

Mental health nursing applicants 2015?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PurpleElephant
Can I ask what was the day like and what happened? Was the maths test relatively easy? Good luck I'm sure you did great:smile:

I went well I think. I warn you though take into account traffic going in. I was a few minutes late. It was okay. Just if I was any later I don't think I would have been allowed to proceed.

When you get there they check all your documents. (I was rushing this morning finding all mine.)

Then when everyone is here they take you to the computer suite to sit the maths and numeracy tests. They explain how it works and then set you off. It's not too bad. They give you a calculator and you have to get 9/12 for numeracy and 11/15 for literacy. (If you don't pass these you cannot go any further. Luckily I did!!).

You then go back to the room where they checked your documents. And just wait to be called for your interview.

In the interview they ask you to explain a bit about yourself, why you want to be an MH nurse, required skills and things like that. Then you have some scenario questions which are pretty simple like 'name a time you helped someone, what did you do?' And then a scenario placement question which is like 'you are on placement. ... Happens. How do you deal with this?' Finally they ask if you have any questions?

They then ask you to go back and fill out a questionnaire about how the session was. Then you can go.
They've told me they'll get back to me in 7-10 days.

Hope this helps.
Fingers crossed!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just had an invite to an interview at Staffs Uni :smile: I applied on the 12th Jan and my interview is on 19th Feb.
Original post by Trapped
Yes, unfortunately. All those who submitted their application December onwards are now being offered places for September 2016 entry, 20 months away :unimpressed:

Interview for BCU February 24th.

How come their already full?
Original post by Hunnybee7
How come their already full?

I suspect:

- Deferred students from last year;
- Students studying the LEap course at the university (apparently, you are guaranteed an interview if you are enrolled on this course);
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2909413
- Early applications: September/October were offered the very few places available for September 2015 and January 2016 intake.

Do you have an interview at the University of Wolverhampton?
Congratulations :biggrin:

I was scheduled for interview their on the 23rd of this month, however, i chose not to attend. To my surprise, i received an invite for the 19th February this morning. :K:

Original post by MolluscBaby
Just had an invite to an interview at Staffs Uni :smile: I applied on the 12th Jan and my interview is on 19th Feb.
Original post by Trapped
I suspect:

- Deferred students from last year;
- Students studying the LoEap course at the university (apparently, you are guaranteed an interview if you are enrolled on this course);
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2909413
- Early applications: September/October were offered the very few places available for September 2015 and January 2016 intake.

Do you have an interview at the University of Wolverhampton?

Oh when you look at it like that I see why. I had an interview last week.. shocked to hear sept 2015 is already full
Original post by Trapped
Congratulations :biggrin:

I was scheduled for interview their on the 23rd of this month, however, i chose not to attend. To my surprise, i received an invite for the 19th February this morning. :K:

Grats! Will you be attending this time? :smile:
Where else have you applied?
Original post by Olivia191196
I went well I think. I warn you though take into account traffic going in. I was a few minutes late. It was okay. Just if I was any later I don't think I would have been allowed to proceed.

When you get there they check all your documents. (I was rushing this morning finding all mine.)

Then when everyone is here they take you to the computer suite to sit the maths and numeracy tests. They explain how it works and then set you off. It's not too bad. They give you a calculator and you have to get 9/12 for numeracy and 11/15 for literacy. (If you don't pass these you cannot go any further. Luckily I did!!).

You then go back to the room where they checked your documents. And just wait to be called for your interview.

In the interview they ask you to explain a bit about yourself, why you want to be an MH nurse, required skills and things like that. Then you have some scenario questions which are pretty simple like 'name a time you helped someone, what did you do?' And then a scenario placement question which is like 'you are on placement. ... Happens. How do you deal with this?' Finally they ask if you have any questions?

They then ask you to go back and fill out a questionnaire about how the session was. Then you can go.
They've told me they'll get back to me in 7-10 days.

Hope this helps.
Fingers crossed!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh Thankyou so much!!
Original post by MolluscBaby
Grats! Will you be attending this time? :smile:
Where else have you applied?

Thank you. :biggrin:

University of Wolverhampton - Offer: September 2016 entry :bawling:
Staffordshire University - Interview: 19th February (undecided if i will attend)
Birmingham City University - Interview: 24th February.

I am unable to move due to family commitments.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Amieviolet
Has anyone applied for Northumbria, Teesside, Lincoln or Manchester?

I've got an offer from Lincoln :smile:
Anyone else at any of these interviews, that I could say hi to? or has had an interview at this university that could give me a few tips:

Leeds: 9th of Feb
UWE: 16th of Feb
York: 18th of Feb :h:
I'm at Leeds on 9th of Feb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 292
Hi, have interview in plymouth on friday, has anyone had an interview there which could give me some more info about how the day works please
anyone applied to Dundee?
Original post by tazfretwell
I've got an offer from Lincoln :smile:

I git got an offer from Lincoln too, what did you think of the university?
Original post by Amieviolet
I git got an offer from Lincoln too, what did you think of the university?

I really liked it, the staff seemed really nice and its cool that its not too far from the city centre, what did you think? :smile:
Been rejected from Worcester. 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to hear that.

Have they provided you with a reason for the rejection?

Original post by Olivia191196
Been rejected from Worcester. 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
A few things really. Apparently I lacked enthusiasm and prioritising. And my maths wasn't up to scratch. The Worcester maths test was very hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for mental health nursing and had interview at teesside so far. Interviews for Anglia Ruskin coming up and waiting on Northumbria

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending