The Student Room Group

neuroscience 2015 and 2014 applicants

hi all,

I plan on applying for neuroscience at uclan, bristol, manchester, nottingham and leeds and just wanted to know what grades 2014 applicants applied and got an offer for any of these uni's since i am freaking out that my grades may not be high enough :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chante123
hi all,

I plan on applying for neuroscience at uclan, bristol, manchester, nottingham and leeds and just wanted to know what grades 2014 applicants applied and got an offer for any of these uni's since i am freaking out that my grades may not be high enough :colondollar:

Hey, I'm also planning on applying for neuroscience for September 2015 entry. At the moment I think I've decided on Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Nottingham and UCL. What are your grade predictions like and what did you get for AS?
Personally at GCSE I got 9 A*s and 1 A then at AS level I got AABB (predicted AAA at A2) but as long as your predicted grades meet the entry requirements and you've got a good personal statement that shows you're passionate, I don't see why you wouldn't be offered a place!
Reply 2
Original post by LoneWolf17
Hey, I'm also planning on applying for neuroscience for September 2015 entry. At the moment I think I've decided on Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Nottingham and UCL. What are your grade predictions like and what did you get for AS?
Personally at GCSE I got 9 A*s and 1 A then at AS level I got AABB (predicted AAA at A2) but as long as your predicted grades meet the entry requirements and you've got a good personal statement that shows you're passionate, I don't see why you wouldn't be offered a place!

Hi, my actual grades weren't as high as I hoped but I'm getting some of my papers remarked so hopefully my predictions will be higher but as it stands my predictions are ABB which is why I am freaking out about not getting offers I hope that what you said is true but it's just becoming all so real now!
My predicted grades are ABB and I've applied for Neuroscience! Now playing the waiting game hoping I get offers wah xo
Original post by sushikumarxo
My predicted grades are ABB and I've applied for Neuroscience! Now playing the waiting game hoping I get offers wah xo

Good luck! I'm hoping to send my application off by Friday, at the moment my school is all about the Oxbridge applicants haha. Where have you applied to?
Good luck! I'm hoping to send my application off by Friday, at the moment my school is all about the Oxbridge applicants haha. Where have you applied to?

thank you, good luck to you too! Kings (my ambitious choice, they're asking AAB), Queen Mary's, Leicester, Leeds (another ambitious one) and University of Westminster. How about you? xo
thank you, good luck to you too! Kings (my ambitious choice, they're asking AAB), Queen Mary's, Leicester, Leeds (another ambitious one) and University of Westminster. How about you? xo

I'm applying to Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Nottingham and UCL (although I really don't wanna go to a uni in London, it is amazing for neuroscience). I'm predicted AAA so I meet all of the entry requirements but the only problem is I don't do biology which although isn't NEEDED might put me at a slight disadvantage :frown:
I'm applying to Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Nottingham and UCL (although I really don't wanna go to a uni in London, it is amazing for neuroscience). I'm predicted AAA so I meet all of the entry requirements but the only problem is I don't do biology which although isn't NEEDED might put me at a slight disadvantage :frown:

that's amazing, I really wanted to apply for UCL, they are top for neuroscience but couldn't meet their grade requirements! oh haha I prefer going to a london university. Did you check the entry requirements subject wise with the unis you've applied for or phone them up? don't worry you've got the grades xo
that's amazing, I really wanted to apply for UCL, they are top for neuroscience but couldn't meet their grade requirements! oh haha I prefer going to a london university. Did you check the entry requirements subject wise with the unis you've applied for or phone them up? don't worry you've got the grades xo

Well I checked the entry requirements online along with talking to some undergrads when I visited so it seem that I'm all set if I just go by that :biggrin:
Well I checked the entry requirements online along with talking to some undergrads when I visited so it seem that I'm all set if I just go by that :biggrin:

hopefully we'll be getting offers for Neuroscience soon! xo
Reply 10

Ahh ok it makes me feel better that someone is applying with similar grades hahha I'm sending my application off next week! I'm nervous already and I haven't even sent it off yet
Original post by chante123
Ahh ok it makes me feel better that someone is applying with similar grades hahha I'm sending my application off next week! I'm nervous already and I haven't even sent it off yet

haha aw good luck xo
haha aw good luck xo

You guys got any offers yet? I sent my application on Thursday and it still hasn't been processed now I'm bricking it lol
I'm still doing my personal statement haha! Finding it quite hard to write, but I should be sending it off around half term. Any tips on writing the personal statement for neuroscience?
I am planning on applying to Bristol, Nottingham, Queen Marys, Exeter and Leicester. :smile:
Reply 14
Hey, Just adding to the pool of info, I applied about a week ago for Neuro at Kings, UCL, Manchester, Bristol and Nottingham. Got an offer from Bristol AAB. Got AAAB at AS and Predicted A*A*A for A2. Hopefully other offers will roll in soon for everyone. :biggrin:
Original post by m4sic0range
I'm still doing my personal statement haha! Finding it quite hard to write, but I should be sending it off around half term. Any tips on writing the personal statement for neuroscience?
I am planning on applying to Bristol, Nottingham, Queen Marys, Exeter and Leicester. :smile:

Well I just tried to sound as enthusiastic as possible and make it clear that I had read around the subjects. Make sure that you link the subjects that you are currently doing to the degree as well and conclude with a statement about why you want to study neuroscience specifically. I personally think it's good to add in something about how it isn't something directly studied at school as it make it easier to link it to what you're studying now. If you want I could send you a copy of mine? Good luck!
Original post by 11Na23
Hey, Just adding to the pool of info, I applied about a week ago for Neuro at Kings, UCL, Manchester, Bristol and Nottingham. Got an offer from Bristol AAB. Got AAAB at AS and Predicted A*A*A for A2. Hopefully other offers will roll in soon for everyone. :biggrin:

Congrats on the offer man. A lot of my friends are getting offers from Bristol, seems as though they're on the ball haha. I keep checking my email to see if my UCAS has been processed as it's been 3 days now, no luck :frown: probably just a backlog of Oxbridge and Medicine applications though
(edited 9 years ago)
What are the job prospects like after doing a neuroscience undergrad degree?
Reply 18
Cheers bud, haha yep, I check my email a million times a day, it's becoming an obsession. :tongue: I wouldn't worry about it though just wait it out :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by m4sic0range
Is it important to have work experience in neuroscience?
Yeah if you could send it to me, that would be great help- thanks! Hope your offers come in soon! :biggrin:

When I was applying, I emailed Unis enquiring about the importance of work experience for neuroscience. The general consensus was that it isn't really needed as they understand the difficulty in getting a relevant placement, but any scientific based work experience might be useful and you can mention it in your PS

Quick Reply

Latest