The Student Room Group

How are your AS levels going?

Hey Guys! So how are your as levels getting on? are you managing the work load etc.? What are you studying?

I'm studying: Classical Civilisation, Modern History, ICT and Sociology. I also have to do general RE at the college I'm at but there's no exam involved so that's pretty cool. Overall I'm finding the work load a lot harder but I'm for some reason finding it a lot easier to manage (at the minute anyway it could easily change).

haha anyway how are you guys finding it? Feel free to ask any questions to me or too other people below x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! Think mine are going well so far, hopefully :biggrin: ! I am studying Psychology, Sociology and Biology! What exam board are you for Sociology? :smile: I am finding the work load, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be :smile: x
Reply 2
Original post by lou987
Hey! Think mine are going well so far, hopefully :biggrin: ! I am studying Psychology, Sociology and Biology! What exam board are you for Sociology? :smile: I am finding the work load, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be :smile: x

Aww that's great aha, and for Sociology I'm with AQA what about you? To me Sociology is soo easy but there's a lot of stuff to remember so it's a lot better than I thought whereas in my Classics- I don't understand a single thing and I have like 90pages worth of letters, notes etc to remember and that's just for the literature part! :0 idek haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by CaitlinN15
Hey Guys! So how are your as levels getting on? are you managing the work load etc.? What are you studying?

I'm studying: Classical Civilisation, Modern History, ICT and Sociology. I also have to do general RE at the college I'm at but there's no exam involved so that's pretty cool. Overall I'm finding the work load a lot harder but I'm for some reason finding it a lot easier to manage (at the minute anyway it could easily change).

haha anyway how are you guys finding it? Feel free to ask any questions to me or too other people below x

Hello! :smile: I'm studying RS: Philosophy and Ethics, History, Geography and Chemistry, and I'm finding them okay at the minute - just so much work! History especially, I've got three essays to do already and I've already done two! What exam board are you doing for History? Other than that the actual content is okay-ish, just so much homework! Glad you're both finding them okay! :smile: :smile:
Reply 4
Mine are going good AND NO TUTORS! yes i am a happy bunny.:biggrin:
Reply 5
Aww that's great aha, and for Sociology I'm with AQA what about you? To me Sociology is soo easy but there's a lot of stuff to remember so it's a lot better than I thought whereas in my Classics- I don't understand a single thing and I have like 90pages worth of letters, notes etc to remember and that's just for the literature part! :0 idek haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh, I am OCR for sociology! yeah, I do think sociology is the easiest for me aswell! Hope all goes well :smile:
Reply 6
AQA French - Good - Except we literally have a vocab test every lesson.
AQA Chemistry - Ok - Its starting to get hard.
OCR Biology- Good - Some of it is hard but its fun.
OCR Maths - Good - I need recap some stuff.
It's going good so far: loving Biology, chemistry and maths is okay I just need to revise it, and English literature is fine as well. InshaAllah it all goes well.
Reply 8
Decided I wanted to go to uni whilst at college so I'm only doing AS-Maths whilst studying Engineering and maths is great! I hated it at school but my teacher is awesome at college, it's the first time I've enjoyed a subject in a long time, even the revision and copy notes. The work load is fine a long side my engineering and we have little tests every week to ensure we don't fall behind so it's like revising for lots of little exams so when the big one comes up we've done all the exam questions.
Is AS biology hard? I'm thinking of taking it... Also can anyone let me know what you think of eng lit. I'm thinking of taking that too:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
It's good. Accounts is pretty boring but so far a levels seem fine, TOO fine in fact.
I'm still waiting till the workload becomes too much and I start struggling but tbh the difficulty of a levels has not hit me yet.
Im doing:
Psychology
English Literature
Economics
And a EPQ

Personally I feel like im struggling to find a balance between revision/homework/freetime

For economics i get homework 3 days in a row due the next days respectively on monday tuesday wednesday,alongside that i have to keep up with EPQ each week,I do english lit so ii have to make some time to read two texts and i do psychology so i have to read and understand...any ideas how i can deal with it all.Im kind of at a loss as to how im expected to put in 5+ hours for each subject each week with the homework i get.I try to do most of my homework the day i get it.Even with free periods sometimes i cant work/concentrate(there are 160 mouths in our 6th form) and other times i talk with my friends which isnt the best but i dont do it often.Add to that ive barely had anytime to myself on weekdays and weekends since i have revision its a long process....any ideas on how to deal with it all?

I'm get home from school at 4 and go upstairs to my bedroom at 9 and fall asleep around 9:30 ish because i have to wake up early...
I am doing AQA B English Literature which is coming on great but I am little behind on the reading
I am doing AQA B Psychology and that is coming better
I am doing OCR Sociology and i am quite behind on that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LottieMB
Hello! :smile: I'm studying RS: Philosophy and Ethics, History, Geography and Chemistry, and I'm finding them okay at the minute - just so much work! History especially, I've got three essays to do already and I've already done two! What exam board are you doing for History? Other than that the actual content is okay-ish, just so much homework! Glad you're both finding them okay! :smile: :smile:

Hey! I'm struggling so much on Classics..I've got no idea what I'm doing hahaa the Roman Architecture part is amazing I'm enjoying that so much but the Women In Athens and Rome part is awful.. It's all Literature and that and I can't do it (I have this thing where I don't understand what I'm reading ahaha so yeah it's making things a lot harder) haha. And for History my exam board is Edexcel what's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lou987
ahh, I am OCR for sociology! yeah, I do think sociology is the easiest for me aswell! Hope all goes well :smile:

Ahh okay but yeah it's so easy I'm so surprised! Haha and yeah I hope it goes well too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moose12
Mine are going good AND NO TUTORS! yes i am a happy bunny.:biggrin:

Good I'm glad and seriously hahha why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BCMFM16
AQA French - Good - Except we literally have a vocab test every lesson.
AQA Chemistry - Ok - Its starting to get hard.
OCR Biology- Good - Some of it is hard but its fun.
OCR Maths - Good - I need recap some stuff.

That's a shame about Chemistry.. Did you do Separate/individual sciences at GCSE? I hope it goes okay for you in the end.. And I'm like that in Sociology I have timed essays every single lesson almost so I have so much revision to do for it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maceve
It's good. Accounts is pretty boring but so far a levels seem fine, TOO fine in fact.
I'm still waiting till the workload becomes too much and I start struggling but tbh the difficulty of a levels has not hit me yet.

I'm like that, I've figured out how hard it's actually gunna be but it's not quite sunk in if you get me ahha. These two years are going to be the death of me

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a shame about Chemistry.. Did you do Separate/individual sciences at GCSE? I hope it goes okay for you in the end.. And I'm like that in Sociology I have timed essays every single lesson almost so I have so much revision to do for it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'n sure you'll do well! I did separate IGCSE courses for science :wink:
Original post by iloveteddy14
I am doing AQA B English Literature which is coming on great but I am little behind on the reading
I am doing AQA B Psychology and that is coming better
I am doing OCR Sociology and i am quite behind on that

Posted from TSR Mobile

How you finding sociology? Are you finding it easy ish? I do AQA sociology and I'm loving it.. It's just too much to remember sometimes haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest