The Student Room Group

Should I drop out and apply to Cambridge?

I got A*A*A in math chem and phys and am currently at birmingham studying chem eng, Im hoping for some insight from people in similar situations, I had poor As grades so I didn't apply there initially, but after getting my summer grades and at the time thinking I didn't want to take time out continued on and went to my firm (birmingham)
Original post by singapaul
I got A*A*A in math chem and phys and am currently at birmingham studying chem eng, Im hoping for some insight from people in similar situations, I had poor As grades so I didn't apply there initially, but after getting my summer grades and at the time thinking I didn't want to take time out continued on and went to my firm (birmingham)

And what will you do if you don't get in? You need to consider all possible outcomes.
What are your UMS scores? Applying post A-Level, you would have a much better chance with 3 A*'s.
Original post by singapaul

Even with A*A*A you're far from guaranteed a place, for GCSE and AS results are considered as well. And what would do you if you were rejected by Cambridge? Think very carefully before making quick decisions.
A*A*A is below average by Cambridge standards.
Reply 5
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
And what will you do if you don't get in? You need to consider all possible outcomes.

I know, I've got that in the back of my mind, but my worries are that A. I feel out of place where I currently am B. If I do a year here and it isn't right ill have to wait for the 2016 cycle by that time my A level results won;t be as relevant
C. If i didn't get in then I guess i'd re-apply to uni's that Im more than confident would let me in
D. I've just had the thought constantly going around my head for days and I can't stop thinking about it
That's only average for Cambridge where most people exceed their offers, You would need to be doing something academic in your gap year and even then you might not get a place.

Quick Reply

Latest