The Student Room Group

I don't really feel the need of having friends.

I dont really feel the need of having friends and I dont really care about my family members. I looked it up and I have some of the traits of schizoid personality disorder. And I am not sure if I should search for some kind of help, because I actually like it that way.

Scroll to see replies

u dont need friends and u like it that way? i wish i could be like that.
I don't have friends either and I'm fine with that. The only "friends" I need are a house and a job.
Reply 3
I used to be like that after being betrayed do much but I realized I actually wanted friends so made some. But I still don't fully trust people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Yes, I just dont see the point in relying on someone else for my mood and feelings.
Reply 5
Who needs friends when you have the internet?

Ironically it seems you do have the compulsion to tell people about your feelings which is what friends are for.
Reply 6
Original post by Aph
I used to be like that after being betrayed do much but I realized I actually wanted friends so made some. But I still don't fully trust people

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tried to change, but I didn't feel like doing such things. It didnt feel natural to me. And when I am with people I just dont care about them and what they have to say.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I tried to change, but I didn't feel like doing such things. It didnt feel natural to me. And when I am with people I just dont care about them and what they have to say.

Yeah for me it just kinda happened it was a team building exercise I was doing and it really worked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by noobynoo
Who needs friends when you have the internet?

Ironically it seems you do have the compulsion to tell people about your feelings which is what friends are for.

Most of the times, I actually keep the things that are happening around me for myself. This is just an exception.
Reply 9
Original post by FasterThanFTL
u dont need friends and u like it that way? i wish i could be like that.

Yeah, it is like a miracle :biggrin:. Seeing all other people dependent on other people and then seeing myself only dependent on my myself.
Original post by Aph

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just some friendly advice because TSR are keeping a close eye on me please work on your english Thank you:smile:.
I only have my parents and 2 close friends that no longer live near me since I have moved and everyone else I work with etc are nothing more than acquaintances to me, I like it that way so no I dont think this is an issue. Everyone is different.
Friends can be essential when you have major difficulties in life. I'd make some preemptively if I were you.
Original post by felamaslen
Friends can be essential when you have major difficulties in life. I'd make some preemptively if I were you.

Can you give an example? Because every time I coped without any help.
Reply 14
Original post by noobynoo

This.

Original post by Anonymous
I dont really feel the need of having friends and I dont really care about my family members. I looked it up and I have some of the traits of schizoid personality disorder. And I am not sure if I should search for some kind of help, because I actually like it that way.

I don't think it's a disorder OP, but it does sound like you've been emotionally hurt in the past by friends/family which has led you to give up on people.
Maybe time for some new friends??
I'll be your friend!
I agree with you, I do have a couple of friends now but they aren't close and I did spend a lot of time without any. I'm too aloof for friends really- I like doing my own thing when i like to do it (for example at college I like to have lunch when and where i choose) I also generally feel uncomfortable in big groups since I do have quite unusual interests. I'm used to it being like that and there's nothing wrong with it. Just do what you feel comfortable with :smile:
Original post by RedStar98
I agree with you, I do have a couple of friends now but they aren't close and I did spend a lot of time without any. I'm too aloof for friends really- I like doing my own thing when i like to do it (for example at college I like to have lunch when and where i choose) I also generally feel uncomfortable in big groups since I do have quite unusual interests. I'm used to it being like that and there's nothing wrong with it. Just do what you feel comfortable with :smile:

I'm the same. I sometimes feel 'bad' for not having friends due to the pressure society has imposed on me. But in reality, I find having friends a bit of a chore and generally prefer being in my own company. I guess my only interest in regards to friends would be to make a best friend. A very small family, a best friend, a nice house and a job that I love is enough to keep be fully contented.
I was like that until I was 17. I changed considerably after that. Now I do need a few friends to be with.
Original post by Elf.
This.

I don't think it's a disorder OP, but it does sound like you've been emotionally hurt in the past by friends/family which has led you to give up on people.
Maybe time for some new friends??

I haven't been emotionally hurt, because I didn't really care about other people's opinion, so there was no way they could hurt me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending