The Student Room Group

Law at UEA or Birmingham?!

I've narrowed my choices down to the University of East Anglia (UEA) or Birmingham, I match the criteria for both and hope to get offers for both (fingers crossed!) however as they both have similar entry requirements if I get offers I have to pick one as firm choice and I'm putting a history degree with lower entry requirements as insurance as a backup option.

So, at this point in time I'm completely stuck, UEA or Birmingham? I loved them both at open days and I really have no idea.

1) What's the General experience like at either? (nightlife, day to day living etc)
2) Would law firms look at one favourably over the other? (Considering Birmingham is Russell Group but UEA seems to be higher rated)
3) If anyone has been or is currently attending one of the two it would be great to hear what you think about the law course there.
Birmingh definitely, looked amazing on the open days and is proven in getting law graduates good jobs in the legal and other sectors. Apparently the holdsworth club is great aswell
Original post by neal95
Birmingh definitely, looked amazing on the open days and is proven in getting law graduates good jobs in the legal and other sectors. Apparently the holdsworth club is great aswell

The Holdsworth club is something that attracted me however UEA's Law Society looks equally as good so I'm in a bit of a pickle.
Original post by Buxtonwater
The Holdsworth club is something that attracted me however UEA's Law Society looks equally as good so I'm in a bit of a pickle.

i wouldnt trust league tables too much as they can be changed so much by small things which dont even effect undergraduate study. what i do know however is that birmingham is highly respected in the legal world and is consistently considered a top 15 university, if not top 10. It is also visited by many city law firms and those in the local area, plus the nightlife is certainly better than UEA. however ultimately you will have a good legal education at either institution and the choice is yours. at least you still have some months left to decide!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending