The Student Room Group

How do you guys eat enough food in the day?

Im bulking at 3100 calories a day, I drink a litre of milk a day, but im going to have to stop drinking as much as im having far too much calcium.

What healthy foods can i use to replace the 600 calories i get from milk, thats also high in protein?
I already have a baguette every day, so i dont want more bread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2

i eat waaaaay too much processed meat as it is
Reply 3
How do I guy eat enough Doob in a TSR day

it is a mystery :ms:
Too much calcium means nought, you just urinate it out

You're going to have to increase portion size if you're needing to fill a 600 calorie deficit and you're adamant about "healthy" and not milk

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't, im 7 kg under my ideal weight O.o
Reply 6
i drink olive oil
chocolate milk GOAT bulking food
Reply 8
Original post by Doob
Im bulking at 3100 calories a day, I drink a litre of milk a day, but im going to have to stop drinking as much as im having far too much calcium.

What healthy foods can i use to replace the 600 calories i get from milk, thats also high in protein?
I already have a baguette every day, so i dont want more bread.

Shakes, make a shake and down it. Have a shot, if you managed to hold your creation in. Repeat.

Drink protein shakes, invest in that powder.

Food that's high in protein:
http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php

Foods/recipes, high in protein I prefer:
Spicy tuna, take tuna & marinate it with chillies+olive oil.
Salmon & spinach, squeeze lemon all over it.
Cottage cheese, add some jam or fruits/berries. (It's made from milk though)
Beans, red kidney beans add some tomato puree, chilli peppers, garlic, cook on low heat in pan for a white.

Cajun chicken, garlic+lemon chicken with rocket, chicken marinated in dark soy+chillies+garlic+ ginger etc.

What you eat these with is up to you though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Egg + toast + yoghurt + juice breakfast = 500cal
Snack bar, trail mix whatever = 300cal
Lunch - chicken toastie + apple or chicken + rice + peas = 600cal
Shake + Snack = 300cal
Dinner - Chicken/Turkey curry, tuna pasta, spaghetti bol, breaded fish + veg + potato = 800cal
Lots of Oats = 600cal

perfect meal plan
Reply 10
You have it easy bulking on 3100, I maintain on 3400 and I'm only 74kg. I say that because if you are think of it as a lot of food then it's more likely to feel like a lot.

I eat 8 slices of toast a day, maybe that's too much but it's easy to eat. Few tablespoons of peanut butter. Eating sone biscuits and chocolate, no harm in moderation and it's easy to eat. Oats for breakfast, if you're not having a good bit over 100g you're doing it wrong. Be generous with oil when cooking. Play around with smaller meals more often and bug meals to see what works for you better.
Reply 11
Just eat some more eggs?
It's actually not hard to keep on 3400 healthy calories. if you're struggling just think of the goal.
Nuts and nut butters.
Wake up:- Oats + whey shake or whatever 500-600 kcal breakfast you want.(I can't eat much in the morning but can handle a shake).

Lunch time (Middle of the day, 4-5 hours after waking up):- 500-600 kcal lunch. Sounds like for you it would be a baguette. For me it's usually a pasty, sandwhiches or something.

Dinner time (8-10 hours after waking up. After school/work/before going out etc):- 900-1100 kcal meal. Usually currys and rice, pasta, pies/potato/veg, chicken or steak/potatoes or rice/veg etc.

Snacks (throughout the day, usually in the evening for me):- 300-500 kcals, bananas, apples, grapes, general fruit. Skittles, crisps, ice cream. Whatever you want to do with these kcals.

Post-work out shake: 500-600 kcals, same deal as breakfast. Have it after training or before bed on off days/if you're just gonna eat after the gym.

That's 2700-3500 kcals depending on variations on foods throughout the day. Add on your litre of milk and you're flying. As another guy suggested you can also add 2tbsp of olive oil to shakes to increase kcals pretty easily (+240 kcals across two shakes). You can't taste it and it doesn't change consistency.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
I take aripiprazole
I have four meals a day, at 8am (breakfast) 12pm (lunch) 4pm (another lunch/large snack) and 8pm(dinner).

When you add shakes and snacks to that, it's EASY to get 3500+ calories.
Reply 16
Peanuts
Reply 17
doughnuts .....
Just shred the gnarly waves and you get hungry after the stoke kicks in dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Greg Jackson
chocolate milk GOAT bulking food

It is known.

Quick Reply

Latest