The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
He knows i dont like it and says he wont meet her until i am comfortable with it. He reassured me he would never have her as a gf even if i didnt exist because she is stuck up and high maintenance. He reminded me that when we first started to date he told me he still had feelings for his ex and wouldnt be with me properly until he was. If he can admit that then i suppose he would have told me if he had feelings for this girl.
so yeah I suppose I do trust him, i am just worried about people thinking I would be a mug to be in this situation..

it's easy for other people to judge your relationship and I'd imagine that most people feel he has bad motives for keeping her around (especially if he thinks she is stuck up :s-smilie:) but ultimately it's your relationship, you know him and you know what risks you're prepared to take
Original post by doodle_333
it's easy for other people to judge your relationship and I'd imagine that most people feel he has bad motives for keeping her around (especially if he thinks she is stuck up :s-smilie:) but ultimately it's your relationship, you know him and you know what risks you're prepared to take

Yeah it is hard to make that judgement, especially when people say things about men and women who are best friends getting together.
At the end of the day he has never had proper feelings for her he says and wouldn't be interested in a relationship with her even if i didnt exist so I suppose I will just have to trust him unless I get hard evidence.
Hi,

I have been with my bf for 6 months. a while ago i found out that he talks to a girl on facebook on a very regular basis. I dont know if it is everyday but i know its often. He orginally started talking to her from pof and they have been in talking for about 2 years. He has never actually met her and she lives 3 hours away. He told me he used to fancy her but doesnt since he started being with me.

I find the whole thing really uncomfortable. I have told him several times how it makes me feel and he tells me he is just good friends with her and wouldnt ever have her as gf or ever had couple feelings for her. He says he loves me and hes in a relationship with me which means a alot as he rarely gets into relationships. He said all they talk about is her baby and i could even read the conversations and that she has a bf. H e said he wouldnt stop talking to her and not to make him choose. He said he would choose me if he had to but would be really annoyed. He told her i was making him choose and she told him he was being a mug for talking to him like. As if she has a right to comment!

Despite talking to him about it i still really hate it. I dont think he would physically cheat on me but I think he shouldnt be talking to her especially on an often basis, i mean he fancied her til i apparently came along but the reason he hasnt met her is apparently because something always came up and now he wouldnt meet her because of me.

I am getting obsessed with the whole thing. I dont know what to do. I think it may be too petty to break up over but its annoying me. I have had some bad relationships so i dont know whether my issues are because of that. Who would actually put up with this? Am I just overreacting? What would you do?

I mean firstly you've only been with him 6 months and he's known her two years. If he really liked her I think something would've come of it by now. I have had a very similar experience, but in my case they actually used to meet each other. Aslong as he doesn't start spending more time with her than you, and they aren't calling all the time or doing things you don't do together I wouldn't be worried.
Reply 43
I mean firstly you've only been with him 6 months and he's known her two years. If he really liked her I think something would've come of it by now. I have had a very similar experience, but in my case they actually used to meet each other. Aslong as he doesn't start spending more time with her than you, and they aren't calling all the time or doing things you don't do together I wouldn't be worried.

Seen as though this post is six years old, I'd assume it would be resolved by now
Why was he dating anyone while he still had feelings for his ex. That is questionable.
Why was he dating anyone while he still had feelings for his ex. That is questionable.

Latest

Trending

Trending