The Student Room Group

Where to buy basic clothes for cheap?

Where can I buy clothes such as sweaters, plain or mostly plain hoodies, v necks and cardigans for cheap?
Original post by Blyts-_
Where can I buy clothes such as sweaters, plain or mostly plain hoodies, v necks and cardigans for cheap?

Primark, H&M, Next, BHS, ASDA, Tesco?
Reply 2
Uniqlo, H&M, ASOS.
Primark or Tesco do them for pretty cheap, H&M is probably a tiny bit more but still cheaper than most stores. http://www.asos.com/ have loads of stuff, both cheap and expensive so that might be worth a look.
P to the R to the I to the M.... Yeah you know where I'm going with this.
Reply 5
Primark and Matalan.
I would prefer to knit this kind of clothes or find someone who makes it better (for example on http://confection24.com/index.php?)
I'd say BooHoo and H and M is soooo good when there's a sale.

izzyforyouandme.blogspot.co.uk
check my blog for tips x
Asda value section

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Id go with primark,, £3 for a slim fitting or regular fitting basic t-shirt... can't complain at that price... great for layering stuff on, and some of the colours make them even incredible to just wear on their own..
In terms of an actual shop I would say your best bet would be Primark however there are some online retailers which can do basics for pretty cheap.
If you don't mind the whole made-in-a-sweatshop look, Primark is probably your best bet.
Reply 12
Original post by DarkWhite
If you don't mind the whole made-in-a-sweatshop look, Primark is probably your best bet.

The fit of the basic t-shirts are quite impressive actually, as well as how they wash.... Much better than the ones i tried in Zara / H&M / River Island, and far cheaper! Although their sizing is off, I was wearing medium clothing and lost a bit of weight, but managed picking up extra smalls in regular and slim fit... when in reality I am on the larger end of the small scale..
Original post by mdlomax
The fit of the basic t-shirts are quite impressive actually, as well as how they wash.... Much better than the ones i tried in Zara / H&M / River Island, and far cheaper! Although their sizing is off, I was wearing medium clothing and lost a bit of weight, but managed picking up extra smalls in regular and slim fit... when in reality I am on the larger end of the small scale..

I am more referring to Primark's unethical production and purchasing schemes.
Reply 14
Original post by DarkWhite
I am more referring to Primark's unethical production and purchasing schemes.

Pretty much any business making money is unethical in some way or form though...

I personally, don't mind how they make the money.. that kid working in the sweatshop has a job, and that job is probably just about keeping them alive... without it, they would probably be worse off... Its a cruel world unfortunately.
Reply 15
meemee.com has a massive sale on, i've just bought a few things
Try complaceten.com everything cost £10.
Original post by ClothesAddict
Try complaceten.com everything cost £10.

Hey there!

In future do check the dates, as this thread is 3 years old.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
P to the R to the I to the M.... Yeah you know where I'm going with this.

Looooooooooooooooool:biggrin::tongue:
Boot markets, you'd be surprised at the great finds, I can find Asos, Boohoo tagged clothes easy neare for £2 vs £30 in store.

Primark.

Quick Reply

Latest