The Student Room Group

Applying for Chemistry in 2015

Title explains it mostly, say what your
GCSE, AS and A-Level predictions are

where you will be applying

and then update when you send off your application and get offers/interviews.

Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The connect page will have a lot of this on, other than GCSEs (which won't really affect much)
Reply 2
Original post by Nymthae
The connect page will have a lot of this on, other than GCSEs (which won't really affect much)

Okay thanks well I will leave this open if people want to chat about applications as well as post their results
Reply 3
Original post by chem@uni
Title explains it mostly, say what your
GCSE, AS and A-Level predictions are

where you will be applying

and then update when you send off your application and get offers/interviews.

Good luck!

My info is on the connect thing. Where are you thinking of applying?
Reply 4
2A*s 7As GCSE

AS Maths - A (96%) = A* prediction
AS Chemistry - A (89%) = A* prediction
AS Economics - A (96.5%) = A* prediction
AS English Literature - A (83.5%) = dropped

Warwick
UCL
York
undecided
undecided

Original post by Nymthae

GCSE's are on connect though?
I got 5A* 3A at GCSE, 4A at AS and I'm predicted 3A at A-Level. I'm doing Chemistry, Physics and Maths, my AS was Spanish.

I'm applying for Medicinal Chemistry at York, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds and Warwick. Will probably send my application off either next week or the week after :smile:

Good luck to everyone else!
Reply 6
Original post by TajwarC
My info is on the connect thing. Where are you thinking of applying?

Your AS results aren't on connect, comes up with "other".
Reply 7
Original post by Dylann
Your AS results aren't on connect, comes up with "other".

I know. They are disgusting though so I'd rather not show them...yet :ashamed2:
Reply 8
Original post by TajwarC
I know. They are disgusting though so I'd rather not show them...yet :ashamed2:

No one is going to judge you here, honestly we all just want to help one another
Reply 9
No one is going to judge you here, honestly we all just want to help one another

Yeah I hope not. When I get everything finalized and send off my application I'll put everything up. Hoping to get my application sent off in the next two weeks, just wondering whether or not that will be advantageous in terms of getting (potential) interviews/offers. Also need to consider how many ...resits... I need as I can't change the unit grades to pending on UCAS after the application has been sent
Reply 10
Original post by TajwarC
Yeah I hope not. When I get everything finalized and send off my application I'll put everything up. Hoping to get my application sent off in the next two weeks, just wondering whether or not that will be advantageous in terms of getting (potential) interviews/offers. Also need to consider how many ...resits... I need as I can't change the unit grades to pending on UCAS after the application has been sent

Well no problem, good luck with applying
Reply 11
Anyone got any offers etc?
A friend got an interview invitation from York this morning
Reply 13
Original post by acireric
A friend got an interview invitation from York this morning

Well that is cool :smile:
Wish them good luck from me
Well that is cool :smile:
Wish them good luck from me

Thanks :smile: Good luck to you too. Judging from your username I see you will love your uni life. Cheers.
Reply 15
Thanks :smile: Good luck to you too. Judging from your username I see you will love your uni life. Cheers.

In fairness just couldnt think of a username so put that haha
In fairness just couldnt think of a username so put that haha

I am not a Chem applicant, just came to see the situation so that I can tell me friend about it haha. I keep seeing you in a few threads :smile:
I love Chemistry, just that I am not a really scientific person haha. Still doing A2 Chemistry, ftw
Reply 17
I am not a Chem applicant, just came to see the situation so that I can tell me friend about it haha. I keep seeing you in a few threads :smile:
I love Chemistry, just that I am not a really scientific person haha. Still doing A2 Chemistry, ftw

Haha well good lucj with A2, what are you telling your friend about haha?
Haha well good lucj with A2, what are you telling your friend about haha?

Nothing much, I told her not to be stressed about the offers. Quite a lot of her choices require interviews anyway.
Reply 19
Nothing much, I told her not to be stressed about the offers. Quite a lot of her choices require interviews anyway.

Where did she apply and with what AS levels?

Quick Reply

Latest