The Student Room Group

Which nursing degree is the hardest to do?

Out of Adult Nursing, Child Nursing and Mental Health Nursing, which one is the most difficult to do at uni?
I'm doing nursing next year and I don't know which nursing course to take.
The NMC requirements are the same for all four branches. If you are applying next year for nursing it may be a good idea to get some voluntary work experience first to help you decide. There are fewer places for Child, Mental Health and Learning Disability, Adult nursing has the largest number of places for obvious reasons.
I guess the hardest would be the one you're least interested in so definitely get some experience to help you decide? What voluntary work have you done so far?
I wouldn't say any branch is harder, they are all held to the same NMC standards.

I think the branch that is easiest is the one you are most interested in. I'm in MH and I find that really interesting so very manageable, but some of child and adult specific branch modules look harder because I don't have the interest in the area. Go with the one you are most interested in. :smile:
As others have said the standards expected for registration are comparable, Child branch is the hardest to get into as there are plenty of people who want to be paeds nurses but a limited number of places compared to demand ( there are fewer places still for Learning Disabilities but a smaller pool of applicants as well)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending