The Student Room Group

Friend is worried about my weight?

Hello, I need some advice please...

Basically I was always very slim, but have gained some weight over the past few years while I was at uni. Nothing drastic, but because I was very skinny before, it's quite noticeable (I used to be about 100 pounds at 5'4 and am now around 125). The weight came on gradually and I was never too worried about it. I haven't gained anything above 125 for a while and I thought this is just where my "adult weight" has naturally settled.

My friend, however, keeps buggering me about my weight. She knew me since I was very slim and I think she always thought my weight gain was temporary and I would lose it. She has always been on the chubby side but has been losing weight over the past year or so and keeps pressuring me to join her. I used to have unhealthy eating habits and was obsessed with working out, etc. and I don't want to obsess over it again. I feel ok at my current weight (even though I'm obviously not as slim as before) but don't know how to get her off my case.

She's been bothering me about it for at least 6 months now, commenting on my eating & how little I'm exercising, etc. and I just need advice on how to make her understand I may never get back to my low weight and I'm ok with being a bit bigger! I am also now starting to feel like maybe I should lose weight just because she thinks I have to and it's annoying because I was happy with myself before :/
I think you need to just tell her, bluntly, that you're perfectly happy with your current weight, that you're not overweight and don't need or want to lose weight and while it is great that she is losing weight and it is making her happy, you would appreiciate it if she would stop nagging you about it because frankly, its none of her business what your weight is.

Quick Reply

Latest