The Student Room Group

Have you ever left a supermarket without shopping BY YOURSELF?

You know what I mean. Modern supermarkets don't have exits without shopping so it might be a psychological trick to make you buy something before you leave.

So, have you ever left a supermarket without shopping BY YOURSELF?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Plenty of times.
No. It would make me feel really guilty and I'd just be thinking how the staff might be thinking I stole something.
Yes, but I do agree that it feels weird.
Yes. Sometimes I'm dragged along to Tesco with my friends. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeap all the time :biggrin: Sometimes i wander around it even if i buy only one thing :biggrin: Supermarkets make me happy i dont know why :biggrin:
Erm.. All the time. Considering I used to work in one.

Plus you just go through an empty checkout. It's not like it's a maze! Haha.
yeah but i get dirty looks like i've stolen something :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loads of times
Yupp, walk in and realise the shop barely stocks anything being a local one.
Reply 10
Original post by karmacrunch
Yes. Sometimes I'm dragged along to Tesco with my friends. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant by yourself.
Reply 11
Original post by geneticist
Yeap all the time :biggrin: Sometimes i wander around it even if i buy only one thing :biggrin: Supermarkets make me happy i dont know why :biggrin:

Re: Have you ever left a supermarket without shopping?
Reply 12
Original post by geneticist

You are in desperate need of a hobby.
Yes, mainly if I get lost and need directions :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah today actually. My bf was looking for brewing sugar but Asda didn't have it so we just walked out empty handed and got it in Wilkinsons instead.
Reply 15
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yeah today actually. My bf was looking for brewing sugar but Asda didn't have it so we just walked out empty handed and got it in Wilkinsons instead.

See thread title.
Original post by Juichiro
See thread title.

Oops must not have noticed that when I first posted but yeah, I've walked out of a shop/supermarket without buying anything while alone too plenty of times. Its a little awkward sometimes. You do sometimes get the impression that workers or security guards think you are dodgy or something.
Reply 17
Original post by Spock's Socks
Oops must not have noticed that when I first posted but yeah, I've walked out of a shop/supermarket without buying anything while alone too plenty of times. Its a little awkward sometimes. You do sometimes get the impression that workers or security guards think you are dodgy or something.

That's exactly what many others are saying. :smile:
Now and again.

I often spend 10-15 minutes wandering round Tesco at like, 11 at night looking for a bar of chocolate... I don't know why there's something I like about supermarkets very late/very early xD
Original post by Juichiro
You know what I mean. Modern supermarkets don't have exits without shopping so it might be a psychological trick to make you buy something before you leave.

So, have you ever left a supermarket without shopping BY YOURSELF?

Yeah, plenty of times.

Because didn't find anything I wanted, so I usually just wander around a bit think what I could eat, after I realise that there's nothing good in shop I just put down my basket somewhere and leave or put back what I picked up and then leave.

Usually it's like I'm thinking what on earth I could cook and nothing seems that interesting or I don't remember what ingredients I need, also feeling too lazy to cook something I've eaten too many times already.

Then there's realisation that it's full of junk food or crappy food, that has way too many calories.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending