The Student Room Group

A call of help to the uk: Please help hong kong achieve democracy !

It has started , the Commie PRC are attacking unarmed protesters with tear gas.

Soon they will bring Mainland Commie battalions and then it won't be tear gas, it will be real bullets.

Please UK brothers and sisters, help spread the issue around and also the fact that in a recent poll 90% voted for a return to UK

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN, LONG LIVE THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GT BRITAIN, NI AND ..... HONG KONG.

LONG LIVE FREEDOM, DEATH TO CORRUPTION , DEATH TO COMMUNISM !!!

Scroll to see replies

Is everybody kung fu fighting?
Thank you for opening this thread! There are several links to petitions online, for example:

https://www.change.org/p/%E5%AE%88%E8%AD%B7%E5%AD%A9%E5%AD%90%E7%88%AD%E5%8F%96%E6%B0%91%E4%B8%BB-%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF%E8%90%BD%E5%AF%A6%E7%9C%9F%E6%99%AE%E9%81%B8-support-hk-students-to-fight-for-real-democracy

I know at least 7 people affected by this incident personally, including my parents :frown: Please help raise awareness further! Thank you so much!
Don't count on UK to do anything.

Trade with Mainland China is simply too big an amount that they won't want to have anything to do with this incident in fear of the repercussions from China.
Been to Hong Kong once, the people there are just terribly racist. I brought my indian friend along and they refused to serve her in the restaurant.

Sorry but I have no sympathy for you.

Good luck and enjoy the coming election tho. You would still have 3 candidates to choose from.
Reply 5
There is absolutely nothing we can do really. It's one thing when it's Russia, but China is the second strongest economy in teh world and there is nothing to be done against them. They could cripple us with sanctions if they wanted.
Original post by GnomeMage
Been to Hong Kong once, the people there are just terribly racist. I brought my indian friend along and they refused to serve her in the restaurant.

Good luck and enjoy the coming election tho. You would still have 3 candidates to choose from.

I'm sorry you've had such a terrible experience in Hong Kong; hopefully not all of us are like that...
Waste of time. Democracy & freedom don't exist now. Those protesters should stop doing stupid things & go home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alfissti
Don't count on UK to do anything.

Trade with Mainland China is simply too big an amount that they won't want to have anything to do with this incident in fear of the repercussions from China.

This.

I hate the PRC because of it's insult to humanity and insult to China, a country that deserves better, especially seeing as it's one of the poles of civilization.

But my country won't do anything.

Militarily it cannot do anything, and economically it values trade with China more than it values democracy therein. I'm sure the British government would love for China to be liberal and democratic, but practical selfish concerns of state naturally trump ideology.
Reply 9
Original post by Zenomorph

Soon they will bring Mainland Commie battalions and then it won't be tear gas, it will be real bullets.

Please UK brothers and sisters, help spread the issue around and also the fact that in a recent poll 90% voted for a return to UK

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN, LONG LIVE THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GT BRITAIN, NI AND ..... HONG KONG.

It's very sad that we had to give you back and for what it's worth i'm sure most British would welcome you back as an overseas territory were you independent. Unfortunately though, there are 3 nations who we can't touch due to their future importance (US, China and India) so there's little beyond attempting diplomacy that we can do.
Reply 10
Original post by GnomeMage

Stop trolling and trying to derail this discussion.

Racism happens all over the world - I don't see you taking up that cause, do I ? kun

dut
(edited 9 years ago)
Like 99.9999% of Westerners the most I can do is sign some sort of internet based petition. That way I can feel like I am one of the moral cruasaders of my generation, with just one click!
India ??? That's a turd world hole isn't it ?

Hmmm me suspects a kundut in hiding. LOL

Bit rubbish right now but a billion people means it's economy will be huge as will be its military. I'd also include the EU somewhat if it unified militarily.
Reply 13
Original post by Rakas21
Bit rubbish right now but a billion people means it's economy will be huge as will be its military. I'd also include the EU somewhat if it unified militarily.

Are you Indian ?
Reply 14

HK should be part of the UK again. It would be better off
Are you Indian ?

Nope. Pure white British.

You can't deny India's future importance from an economic and military standpoint though, their labour force is just too large.
Reply 16
Original post by zgb1
HK should be part of the UK again. It would be better off

I think they want to be and are what they are fighting for. Whether it will happen depends on how China reacts and I doubt they will let HK go free even though 90% polled in favour of a return to UK.

But I agree with you for what it's worth
Sorry but...why exactly is this our problem? :/
Original post by james22
There is absolutely nothing we can do really. It's one thing when it's Russia, but China is the second strongest economy in teh world and there is nothing to be done against them. They could cripple us with sanctions if they wanted.

Not without killing themselves. Quite literally given their population...
Original post by DErasmus
Not without killing themselves. Quite literally given their population...

China could do us serious damage without hige effect on itself. To have a meaningful impact we would need the whole of the EU and/or the USA to join in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending