The Student Room Group

PgDip Nursing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pollyabu
Hey guys and gals, got a conditional offer!!! I hounded them on the phone for it so I don't have any details yet as to what the conditions are…has anyone had a conditional offer? What do they usually entail? Should I start maniacally shopping for cute stationary yet?

A conditional offer is one where if you meet the conditions (the grades they want, for example) then you have a place! I received an unconditional offer from City this morning! Where did you receive your offer from?
Original post by jennall
A conditional offer is one where if you meet the conditions (the grades they want, for example) then you have a place! I received an unconditional offer from City this morning! Where did you receive your offer from?

MDX :smile: Wasn't my first choice starting the process, but it's my no. 1 now. I live quite near to it and I love the Royal Free so I'm chuffed to bits. Got the conditions through. One of them is to get a 2:1 in my degree (have that since last year) and one of the smaller ones is a grade C or above in GCSE English. I failed our equivalent of GCSE English, but I got a B in our equivalent of A-Level English (I'm Irish) Does anyone think that will be a problem?
Hey guys and gals, got a conditional offer!!! I hounded them on the phone for it so I don't have any details yet as to what the conditions are…has anyone had a conditional offer? What do they usually entail? Should I start maniacally shopping for cute stationary yet?

It will be on the conditions of a a DBS, satisfactory health check and availability of a NHS bursary. Some Unis make that the conditions some don't bother if it isn't based on grades.
MDX :smile: Wasn't my first choice starting the process, but it's my no. 1 now. I live quite near to it and I love the Royal Free so I'm chuffed to bits. Got the conditions through. One of them is to get a 2:1 in my degree (have that since last year) and one of the smaller ones is a grade C or above in GCSE English. I failed our equivalent of GCSE English, but I got a B in our equivalent of A-Level English (I'm Irish) Does anyone think that will be a problem?

Middlesex have invited me to an assessment day and I only have a 2.2 non health related degree....I thought when I was applying they didn't specify they required a 2.1. I find it odd that it is one of your conditions of offer.
Hmmmm that's a strange one, what's your degree in do you mind me asking?
Accounting so completely unrelated.
Im sure they wouldn't waste your time inviting you for an interview if they didn't like what they saw on the application form. I wouldn't worry too much.

Congrats!! Which uni? Must be so pleased! I have an interview @ LSBU on Wednesday and I'm so nervous! Any interview tips?
Hahaha I had a feeling it was :biggrin: How was the cinema last Saturday night? Wow, how did you feel about the whole experience after? I'm still pretty confident, although I have heard nothing yet from them. I have my interview for Middlesex next Thursday so I'm boning up on everything that may come up in conversation i.e.: The Francis Report etc. I'm really hoping they accept me, I have heard nothing from City or Kings so I kinda need to ace the two I do have. I hope we get the same interview day at LSBU, maybe even lunch after if we are good :smile:

Hiya!! Sorry I never got a notification of your reply. I have an interview on 25th (wed) did you hear back from LSBU yet? I've heard back from kings and they said that what I had provided probably wouldn't be sufficient to make up the 575 hours but to get back to them in a month if I had anything else to add - bit gutted as would have loved a chance at Kings but looking less likely by the day! Saw earlier you had a offer from Middlesex you must be chuffed! Well done!! :smile:
So nervous about the interview on wed!!
Original post by Clare130
Hiya!! Sorry I never got a notification of your reply. I have an interview on 25th (wed) did you hear back from LSBU yet? I've heard back from kings and they said that what I had provided probably wouldn't be sufficient to make up the 575 hours but to get back to them in a month if I had anything else to add - bit gutted as would have loved a chance at Kings but looking less likely by the day! Saw earlier you had a offer from Middlesex you must be chuffed! Well done!! :smile:
So nervous about the interview on wed!!

What time is your interview?
Original post by Blue-Shoes

Best of luck Clare!! My one is on the 1 April :smile: supposed to be tomorrow but couldn't get it off work :frown:

11am - have you got an interview too? Might see you there!! :smile:
11am - have you got an interview too? Might see you there!! :smile:

Yes I do, at 3pm. :confused: Why are they holding two separate interview slots on the same day?!
Yes I do, at 3pm. :confused: Why are they holding two separate interview slots on the same day?!

Aren't they one on one interviews rather than groups? Im confused- sorry!
Best of luck Clare!! My one is on the 1 April :smile: supposed to be tomorrow but couldn't get it off work :frown:

thanks! best of luck to you too!! :biggrin:
Hi :smile:

I have a conditional offer for Kings and Southbank starting in September, I have firmed Kings as its my first choice.
I have to do an APEL form to make the offer unconditional, was wondering if anyone else has had to do the same?
Original post by IzzleIzzy
Hi :smile:

I have a conditional offer for Kings and Southbank starting in September, I have firmed Kings as its my first choice.
I have to do an APEL form to make the offer unconditional, was wondering if anyone else has had to do the same?

Same here I have to do it for south bank and Middlesex so far. I haven't started though as I have chosen what university I want to go to.
Has anyone had to fill in the APL form yet? I got a conditional offer from LSBU :smile: and have been asked to fill out the APL form but have interview for bucks and Kingston in 2 weeks time so not sure if I fill in the APL for London South bank does that mean I've accepted the place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone had to fill in the APL form yet? I got a conditional offer from LSBU :smile: and have been asked to fill out the APL form but have interview for bucks and Kingston in 2 weeks time so not sure if I fill in the APL for London South bank does that mean I've accepted the place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've so far got a offer from LSBU, Middlesex & Kingston you don't have to do the APL until you accept the offer.
Wow amazing well done!! Have you decided where you want to go yet? Thanks for your help!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending